Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

New Frame Around Bathroom Mirror - Mirror Chic Review

It's amazing how something as simple as a frame can completely transform a mirror and upgrade the look of a bathroom immediately.  When Mirror Chic  reached out to me and asked if I would be interested in reviewing their project, I jumped at the chance.  We bought a second home in Florida about a year ago and little by little I am working on that home.  We are only there for a few weeks at a time, here and there, so its a little more challenging to get things done.


We started with a plain jane mirror in the hall bathroom.  With a little help from Mirror Chic, the mirror has become the focal point of the bathroom.  It's a huge upgrade to the bathroom.


The process was simple.  I gave them the dimensions of my mirror and they shipped me the four sides of the frame which were easy to put together.  I laid them out on the floor upside down and matched up the corners.  I added a little wood glue, which they supplied, and hammed in the little connectors.  I waited a few hours and voila the mirror frame was ready for installation.

Then I ran into my first dilemma.  As you can see the mirror is a wall to wall mirror and there is no space below where the faucet is and no room above where the light is.  So at first I could not get the frame to fit in place.  I tried different angles but no luck.  Then I realized that if I just removed the light, leaving it attached to the electricity, I could move it out of the way enough to get it into place.  Since the house is in Florida and we are there mainly because my daughter plays competitive tennis and trains in Florida, it was just me and my daughter.  So I called her in to hold the frame while I took off the light fixture, held that in one hand as she helped me place in frame in place and then I reattached the light fixture.  So the dilemma turned out to be minor and the frame fit perfectly.  I removed the tape strips from behind and pushed it into place.  

What a transformation!  


What a gorgeous frame!

If you're looking for an easy and affordable way to upgrade your bathroom mirror, check out Mirror Chic.  You won't be disappointed.

Have a great day!

Judy

Although the product was provided to me from Mirror Chic, the opinions are all my own.  


3 comments:

Laura Everyday Edits said...

love this judy! It looks great! laura

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

We framed out our large bathroom mirror, too, and it makes such a difference! I love the molding you picked.

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

It turned out just perfect - glad you were able to figure it out, even with the problems that came up. I have a couple mirrors I would really like to get done too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...