Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Adding a Little Color

You know I have been working on trying to add a little color to our finished basement. 
 It seems to be a sea of brown and beige and it's time to lighten it up a bit.
I started by painting out of of the floor lamp between the two brown chairs last week.
I'm thinking a narrower, lighter color shade is in order now (you know how one thing leads to another).
I also think it's time to change up the drapes.
I saw this collection of fabrics at Calico Corners.
I just love these fabrics.  The good news is that Calico Corners is running a 25% off sale right now.
I am especially loving the big vibrant fabric they show on the sofa in this photo.  

I would use this fabric to make new drapes for this window.
I think this could really add some life to the basement and give me a great jumping off point to bring in even more color and maybe even find a new color for the walls.
What do you think?

DON'T FORGET TO STOP BACK TONIGHT AT 8PM EST 

FOR MY SIZZLE INTO SUMMER PARTY

-Judy
Pin It

8 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

As soon as I saw that print fabric I thought it would make for fab drapes, Judy! I look forward to seeing those and the rest of what you do for your basement refresher.

NanaDiana said...

I think I love the fabric! I even love it on that sofa! I have a hard time infusing color into my house, too. I used to have a LOT of color but find I am better with calmer colors for now. Funny, isn't it, how all of a sudden we feel the need for change? I LOVE your room, by the way- xo Diana

Debbiedoo's said...

Oh I sure love that fabric Judy!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love that fabric. It is gorgeous and would be fabulous for drapes. Hugs, Marty

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Love that fabric! When Calico Corners has a sale it's always a good thing!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I was in Calico Corners a few weeks ago in Richmond...they do have the greatest fabrics "off the rack"....I truly get so much inspiration whenever I get the chance to go there!...I love the fabrics you presented!!

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

I love that fabric. I say go for it!

Shannon said...

Just got your email about featuring my ruffled purse tonight. You're the best! I'm honored because I think a lot of you and your style. Thank you so much Judy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...