Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

DIY Easter Basket

I got the idea for this Easter basket after my kids had some friends over and they went through a new box of donuts in a matter of minutes.  

 Something about the box shape screamed Easter basket to me.  Go figure...


It's really a quick, fun project that you can customize in so many different ways.

The supplies you will need:

rectangular box
mod podge
two sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper
foam brush
crochet or embroidery thread

 I cut off the lid and covered the outside of the box with a piece of scrapbook paper using mod podge.  I was able to cover the entire box and still have paper left to use for the handle.  I also attached the handle using mod podge.

 For the "Easter grass" I folded a coordinating piece of scrapbook paper accordion style.  Then I cut it into narrow strips and added it to the bottom of the basket.


To give it a little more style, I used a hole punch all around the basket edge and then crocheted all around.
 I just crocheted a basic scallop stitch all around.  

To finish it off I stitched using crochet thread on the handle.
I filled it with an assortment of Easter eggs including ones I decoupaged a few years ago.  
In just a few minutes I turned a donut box into a super cute Easter basket with things I already had on hand.  Can't wait to hear what you think.

-Judy

Pin It
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Sharing with The Scoop
Sharing with A Stroll Thru Life

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Very, very, very cute, Judy. It makes me wish I could crochet. xo Diana

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a cute idea, Judy! I love the crochet edge you did. I'm looking for something different to use to put together a basket for my granddaughter. After seeing yours, I'm thinking maybe a Kleenex tissue box {same shape} might just work!

JP said...

Now, that could be something fun to "twist"...very creative and cute! Thanks for sharing!

Maria Elena said...

How cute! Love this idea!

One More Time Events said...

So Cute! Great color choice and idea.

Unknown said...

It's so nice to see your DIY Design. I've always loved seeing photos of your home.
I really like the idea of the fabric for the back of the book cases.
Everything looks wonderful!
Small Living Room Paint Ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...