Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Day Two - Outdoor Patio

It's day two of our outdoor patio project.  It's amazing how much damage can be done in one day.  I know it's all for a good cause, but it really is darkest before the dawn.


The most important thing to consider in doing a project of this scale is to hire a contractor that you either personally trust or who comes highly recommended.  My contractor did our landscaping around the pool and always does outstanding work.  You need to have that trust level, especially when they have to trash your yard first in order to achieve your goal.


Another important factor when doing a project like this is to make sure that you have a clear idea of what you want to achieve.  I usually do this by leafing through magazines, searching the internet, looking at rate my space and following other blogs.  All are great places to get inspiration and ideas.

My old patio - soon to be an apron at the end of my driveway.

You know when you do an arts and crafts project and you sometimes spread out all over?  That's what they are doing with my patio...this is the front and side yards!!

I know in the end it will be all good.  Will keep you updated on the progress.

-Judy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would love to see an update of this project!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...