Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Outdoor Pizza Oven

The outdoor project continues.  Honestly, it's moving along at a rapid speed.  It's only been a little over two weeks and I can already see the finish line.  Outdoor kitchens are all the rage these days and since we entertain a great deal, especially in the summer, it seemed to make sense to incorporate one into the new patio design.  As we always seem to do, we took this project a step further.  Since my husband is the chef in our family, it made sense that he should take the lead on the items he wanted in his our new outdoor kitchen.  Not to say I wasn't integrally involved...I was...but he is really the grill master.  The plan calls for us having a grill, warming drawer, side burner...all the regulars.  What's not so regular...his idea of putting in an outdoor pizza oven.  When he first brought up the idea, quite frankly I thought it was crazy.  He was very excited about the idea and when our contractor heard the idea he was even more excited about building one.  Over the past few years my husband has been coming up with unique recipes for pizzas grilled on the bar-b-que.  It's become one of the staples at our gatherings around our pool.  Long story short...here comes the pizza oven.  Here are some updated pictures.

Pizza oven - part that looks like two eyes is the door to the oven.  Storage right below and wood stored below that.

This project is a masterpiece being built every day.  Each piece of stone veneer is hand cut to fit.  Our contractor is like a Renaissance man.  He is building this project as if he were building it for himself.  He has a large crew that shows up everyday.  The attention to detail is amazing and so incredibly refreshing (we have had bad experiences in the past i.e. the kitchen remodel...which thankfully in the end all worked out...but I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy).   He is doing everything you would want a general contractor to do...and more.  His company is Pete Proulx Landscaping.  Check out his website for more incredible outdoor projects.

We also went to pick out the granite this weekend.  This is what we picked.  I absolutely love it.  It has so much movement and is the perfect colors.  I can't wait to see it all come together.


The rest of the appliances will be delivered on Friday.  Can't wait to share the next phase of the project with you.  Tell me what you think so far?

-Judy

Come join me at these link parties:
 Come check it out.

8 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Okay, send the crew over to my backyard after they are finished in yours!!! Looking good and so glad to hear you are having a great experience with the crew...Janell

Vanessa said...

Oh wow! Wish we could come over for pizza when it is all done! Can't wait to see the final result, I know it will be fabulous!
Vanessa

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun is this going to be. Love the beautiful stone and the granite is fabulous. Can't wait to see it all done. Hugs, Marty

DIYbyDesign said...

Thanks for all of the great feedback!

ALR said...

I love your granite selection! I would have like to have that in my kitchen. This is a fabulous project. Bravo!

Amy R.

Traci said...

The granite is going to look great! I've never seen that particular type before. I've seen people having outdoor pizza ovens on HGTV. It's going to be great!

Nohemi said...

An outdoor kitchen is always a good investment. It’s a good decision to have one, especially since your husband loves to bake and create new pizza recipes. If ever we’ll have this pizza oven, I’ll be more than willing to learn how to cook.

-Nohemi Tutterrow

Stella said...

Your outdoor project is really amazing. The steps and innovation you made for the pizza oven project were so adorable. Love the ideas and efforts though I wanted to pick up some good information related to washer repair company that offer very affordable and trusted service.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...