Just before Christmas the fabric I had ordered arrived and right away I went to work making a bedskirt for my daughter's room. I have never made a bedskirt, but I figured how hard could it be? As it turns out, it wasn't hard at all.
My daughter's bed is a daybed so I would need one long side and two short sides to my bedskirt. For the long side the finished length would be 84". First I decided what part of the pattern I wanted to show the most. I picked the large damask to be the focal point of the skirt. The finished length of the skirt would be 18".
I wanted her bedskirt to have a ruffled effect. I didn't want it super full looking, but just flowing. I have a ruffler attachment for my sewing machine. After trying it out on several pieces of scrap fabric, I felt fairly comfortable starting to ruffle the actual bedskirt. Well I had more than my share of problems with that ruffler. I couldn't get it to actually catch the fabric without me helping it along. So it took much longer than I would have liked to ruffle it. I read the instructions countless times...but they were not really helpful.
I laid it on the bed...perfect fit. I tied it to the back rail on both sides.