Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's a Blog Block Party-Outdoor Cooking and Dining

It's a Blog Block Party 
Theme Outdoor Cooking and Dining

In lieu of my weekly Swing into Spring party, I'd like to welcome all of you to my leg of the blog block party - outdoor cooking and dining.  Next week I will feature projects from last week's Swing into Spring party.  
As you know, we did a major renovation on our backyard this year, removing our deck and replacing it with a new patio and outdoor kitchen.  As part of our outdoor kitchen we added a wood burning pizza oven.  When my husband first told me he wanted one, I was reluctant.  Ok, I thought the idea was Crazy with a capital C.  But, it has turned out to be one of the coolest things ever.  Pizza cooks in less than two minutes.  I'm not even sure you can get fast food that fast.

We start our pizza by going to our local pizza place and buying fresh dough from them.  Supermarkets sell dough as well, but trust me, it just isn't as good.  We could make our own dough...but for now this is convenient, easy and very tasty.
I then cut the dough in half.  That way it's the right size for an individual pizza - everyone gets to choose their own toppings.
I then spread the dough out on a cutting board using a little cornmeal.  Corn meal works much better than flour.  It doesn't change the consistency of the dough and helps keep the dough from sticking.  It's best to work with room temperature dough.
Now the fun part...adding the toppings.  This day we made more than 16 individual pizzas so the place was a bit of a mess.  I try to chop up what I can ahead of time to make the process go super quick.

The pizza oven is all fired up and ready to go.  Once the fire gets white hot, the fire gets moved to the back. 
Pizza cooks in less than two minutes.  Now to be fair, it does take about an hour and a half to get the fire going and to the right temperature...so there is some pre-planning necessary.  But once it's going you can cook pizza all day long.  
Perfect pizza every time.  Don't have a pizza oven?  You can follow the same recipe and either cook it in your over at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or use a pizza stone and cook it on your grill.

Now I can't wait to see your outdoor cooking and dining ideas.  I know there are still some questions as to how exactly this party works.  Here's the lowdown:


The link part of the party is a shared link on all 12 blogs. Our individual posts will be themed related and projects will be kind of grouped together by theme as they are linked up but it's one big shared link so some of the more specific themes with less theme related posts can still get exposure on several blogs. We wanted everyone to be part of the whole party and get to have everyone see their posts on all 12 blogs by the end of the week instead of having 13 different party links. Themes that go up on the same day will be intermingled as people link them up on the different blogs but it will all culminate at the end of the week as one huge Summer themed link party!


After you're done partying with me, please stop by Savvy Southern Style, Elements Interior and Green Door Design to join in their themed parties.




As you know each party has it's own giveaway.  Today's giveaway is a $50 credit from Girl in Air's Etsy Store
Girl in Air
 There are so many cool things to choose from.  
Girl in Air



That's right...a $50 credit.  So come and link up to the party.  If you link up you are automatically entered to win.  




Please place the following "I Participated in the Blogger Block Party" button in your outdoor cooking and dining post after you have linked up.  








Party Rules:
- Link up any post past or present related to this party's theme


- Be sure to link back to your original post and not just your url (main blog address)


- Please post the Blogger Block Party button (code located above and in sidebar) in your post so others can join in the fun! (MANDATORY)


- Visit another guest.  I love it when you party with our other guests! Please take a moment and visit some of the other posts and leave some comment love!  This is what makes a party so fun!


I love it if you'd share the Blogger Block Party on your Facebook Pages and Twitter (use #BloggerBlockParty in your tweet) (Not mandatory but we'd appreciate it!)


I'd love for you to become a follower...but it's not mandatory.  

Let's get partying!!


-Judy


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...your outdoor pizza oven and kitchen is the coolest thing ever! It's gorgeous. I am glad you explained the party because I had the concept all wrong and signed up late. It's an amazing party. xo

Unknown said...

I want pizza please WOW stunning

Pattie

At The Picket Fence said...

We are on our way over Judy! LOL! I'm pretty sure your outdoor patio is the coolest one on the block and that pizza oven is amazing. :-) We are feverishly working on our post so we can link it up to your party ASAP!
Vanessa

BluBabesCreate said...

So much fun! Come check out some reupholstery and beautiful decor!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm excited you like the pillows! I will definitely link back to your site!

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this entire back yard!!! We do BBQ;d pizza all the time and this takes it beyond that, I just SOOOO want this in our yard! Did you guys do this yourself or did you have it done. I would love some info if you might have feel inclined to share.
Thanks for hosting the party today!
Terry

The Charm of Home said...

Oh how nice to have an outdoor kitchen with pizza oven. Pizzas look fantastic! Thanks for hosting.
Sherry

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

YUM!! Your outdoor kitchen is unbelievable. :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That has got to be fun to do, Judy! Your outdoor kitchen is just wonderful. I think my husband would pass out if he saw it!

Jaclyn | One Thousand Oaks said...

My dad is starting his own wood fire pizza business! He is getting a portable oven and also wants one for our backyard! Your back yard patio is amazing! I'm going to have to send him the picture for inspiration!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your outdoor kitchen space is wonderful & I love that pizza oven. Nothin' says "fun" like making pizzas, especially with kiddoes involved!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Judy, What a fabulous outdoor kitchen! I love the pizza oven and it reminds me of our trip to Egypt. The Marriott in Cairo has several open bread ovens in the courtyard. Ladies were cooking pita style bread all day long and it smelled so wonderful. Thanks for visiting and I love your blog. I have been following for a while now. Take care,
Sherry

Jedbel @ The Pear Tree Cottage said...

I just posted the wrong link to your outdoor dining party! It is not giving me the option to delete the link so I do not know how to remove it. So sorry!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Pizza by the poolside. How fun! No wonder you have frequent guests, Judy.

I just joined you as a follower and hope to visit again soon. Don't worry, I won't be coming for a swim. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Oh yum! Your pizza looks great! I joined with a sugar free berry trifle!

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Wow, your outdoor kitchen is looking simply wonderful... such a beautiful spot to entertain...it has a resort like environment, just loved it. And your pizza recipe looks yummy.. sounds like everyone had fun making their own pizza. Thanks for sharing with us!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Scott @ Outdoor Cooking Magic said...

I LOVE pizza on the grill--It would be fantastic to have an outdoor pizza oven like you do. I'm sure that would taste even better. I've always said that once you've had pizza from the grill, you'll never cook pizza any other way and I'm guessing from your oven would be even better!

Ezra from Protech Hospitality Fitouts said...

Well, I almost thought that your pizza oven was like a fireplace in a house. LOL anyway nice review! Restaurant renovations Sydney

brittanymlemay said...

Thank you so much Love your blog.. tahoe grill cleaning service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...