Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Roomspiration Linky Party - Guest Bedroom Edition

Welcome to Roomspiration - Guest Bedrooms. 
 I am so excited to be hosting today's edition of Roomspiration.  
Before we get started with the party, let me share with you my guest bedroom.

This room came together on a budget.  Prior to this, the room was painted a dark gold color and had very rich autumn colors in the bedding (I don't have a before picture).  I wanted something much less heavy looking and something that would be a soothing retreat for any overnight guests.  I did the opposite of what I usually do...I painted the room before picking anything else.  The walls are painted Benjamin Moore Nantucket Breeze.  It was a Pottery Barn color from 2009. I wouldn't recommend doing it this way. I painted the room first because I was having trouble bringing bedding home and trying it in a room that was painted gold.
The bed and the bench are from Fortunoff and were both floor models on clearance. The furniture came from my mother in law's house.  When she sold her home and moved to Florida she gave us first choice on what we might want.  I loved this furniture...especially the armoire.  The mirrors on either side of the bed are from Target.  If you want to visually expand a room, you should consider adding mirrors to either side of your bed.
The birds and branches are actually a vinyl decal.  I bought it at Home Goods for $6.99.  Even in person it's hard to tell that it isn't painted on.
The center pillow is from Pottery Barn and the two side pillows I sewed from material I got on Fabric.com.
Image from Restoration Hardware
These lamps above from Restoration hardware were exactly what I wanted for the bedroom.  But for $259 and $359 respectively, that was not going to happen.
I found these lamps from Home Goods for $39.99 each.  How perfect is that match?
The chair is a Craigslist find that I repainted and reupholstered.  You can check that out here.  The side table is also from Home Goods and I got it on clearance for $24.99.

The bed faces the window, mainly because there is no other wall in the bedroom where the bed can go.  However, this allows my guests to wake up and have the best view of our backyard in the house.  From this window there is a perfect view of our new patio and pool.
This room is also where I do all my sewing.  The chair is from my husband's grandmother's home.  It started out being extremely dark and in very bad shape.  I sprayed it Heirloom White and completely took it apart and reupholstered it.  I used nail head trim to finish it off.
The sewing table is from a family friend.  It was also sprayed with Heirloom White and new hardware was added.

I hope you have enjoyed touring my guest room.  Now it's your turn.  Link up your guest rooms below.  I can't wait to check them all out.

-Judy



28 comments:

Jae said...

i love that chair. this room looks like a great place to rest.

Unknown said...

Your Criagslist chair was a steal! Nice job:)

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray said...

What a nice guest room! I love that craigslist chair!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy I LOVE this room! Love that bed and that chair you redid is GORGEOUS!! Martina

Roeshel said...

Beautiful room, Judy! It's so peaceful and pretty! Packing my bags! Guest room, right?! haha!

Have a great week!

Roeshel

Margo said...

This room looks so pretty! I love the bedframe, and the lamps were such a good deal!

Christie said...

Your guest room is beautiful..comfortable and classy! Thanks for hosting! Christie

Ange said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful guest room today! :) I wish I had one to link up. I love the lamps, great find! This room looks peaceful and relaxing, I'll be right over to stay a night or three.

Unknown said...

What a welcoming room! Every touch is beautifully thought out... lots of great bargains too, which is the best part!
Cathy @ Room Rx

Krista from The Playdate Crashers said...

This is beautiful! What a perfect guest room! Great job!

Allison B said...

That Craigslist chair is INCREDIBLE! I just went and read your DIY post about it - GREAT JOB! I'm so inspired!!! Your guests are lucky to spend some time in that room! :)

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Beautiful room Judy! So peaceful and relaxing, I love the soft color scheme you used throughout the space. Thanks for hosting today.

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Judy, your guest room is lovely! I love the color and the chair - amazing find! I wish I had a guest room to share today, but I'm having lots of fun looking through everyone elses!

Kelly @ View along the way said...

I love this room! That mural, those lamps, that craiglist chair. Beautiful job!

Shan said...

Wonderful! Stunning! :D Can I be a guest now? It looks so inviting. Featured you on my blog since I don't have a guest bedroom. ;) Happy Monday!!

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE the fabric on the chair. My guest room isn't ready for people to see it yet... not even close. Wish I could participate, but thanks for hosting and I'll definitely look around!

Susan Anderson said...

Very inviting!

=)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your guest room is lovely...I like the bird theme and then that you wake up looking outside!!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love your guestroom, so pretty, the chair is gorgeous!
Thanks for hosting, I linked up!
XOXO
Kristin

The Corson Cottage said...

I especially love the chair. The nail head detailing is great! I stopped by from the Roomspiration Link Party. I joined as a follower. I hope you will stop by The Corson Cottage and consider following back:)

Unknown said...

Your room looks absolutely stunning! and I miss Home Goods so much!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Looks beautiful! Careful, your guests won't want to leave :)

At The Picket Fence said...

This is such a gorgeous room Judy! I absolutely love how you brought the room together with so many fantastic finds and it would be the perfect space for a guest to relax in style!
Vanessa

April @ just enough sparkle said...

I love the entire room. Every piece, every color, every fabric. It's gorgeous! Great job!!

Marianne said...

I saw this linky party at Whisperwood cottage and thought it would be ok to link up my guest room too. Since that is an old post I'll give the linky party a shout-out on my FB page.

Yooo said...

Fencing Lakewood Co
Flooring Contractors Denver
Concrete Contractors Denver
Arborist Denver

Carla said...

Many businesses think that having a business owner policy or commercial property insurance can be enough to ensure everything necessary to your company.
Boise Inland Marine Insurance

Carla said...

I am Amy Gatherum, and I am proud to say that I have been an Allstate Agent since August 2007. I can help you with any of your insurance needs. Feel free to contact our office. - Allstate Insurance Agent Amy Gatherum

Please check out our friends at Allstate Insurance Agent Eric Jeglum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...