Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

MacKenzie Childs Inspired Vase

After making my Mackenzie-Childs inspired pumpkins the other day, I found myself searching through their website and finding more and more things to swoon over.  They have a pattern called Parchment which is absolutely beautiful and coordinates with my decor.  

  
I literally used the same paints and technique as I used for my pumpkins.
I painted each square of the grid pattern using one easy step.  I squeeze a drop of each of the colors I am using next to each other and load up my brush as shown.  That way when I paint the shading is already done.  After everything is dry I coated the piece with polyurethane to give it the same shiny look.  



Not bad for a free project.

Can't wait to hear what you think.

-Judy


7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it, what a fabulous vase and you did an amazing job.

Artsy VaVa said...

LOVE IT! Your vase turned out great! Have a wonderful day.

Okio B Designs said...

Wow, that came out gorgeous!

Jeanine

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Judy! The vase is fantastic! Awesome job! I love the colors you chose! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love it, Judy! I love McKenzie Childs stuff, too, but they are out of my budget. Usually I just drool over it. You did a great job - again!

thepaintedapron.com said...

I actually have that Mck-Ch vase! My hubby surprised me with it for Xmas~you did a fabulous recreation, great tutorial too! I always paint with lots of colors loaded on my brush, great job!
Jenna

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello beautiful! This looks so amazing. Pinned. Thank you for taking the time to stop by! I hope to see you at our party tonight, it starts at 7 pm. We love to party with you!
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...