Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My First Attempt - Monogrammed Pillows

For Christmas my husband bought me an embroidery sewing machine.  I have been so excited to use it.  This weekend I finally figured it out enough to start on my first project.
For my first project I wanted to make monogrammed pillows.  
I bought four napkins from Home Goods.
I took each napkin and ironed them (this is before I ironed them).  
Then using my new embroidery sewing machine, I created my design.
I started simple with a single initial.
I used brown embroidery thread for the initial.
Then I decided to hand sew the top and the bottom together using a whip stitch.
For the second pillow I wanted to try something a little different.
Again I embroidered the "K" but then added a frame around it.  I guess I need to be more careful to check the design on the computer before I send it to the sewing machine. 
 It's not exactly centered around the "K".
What do you think?
Not bad for my first attempt.  I have plans for so many more projects.
I hope for my next project to try multiple colors. 

Don't forget there is still time to enter my MirrorMate frame giveaway.  
You can click here to enter.

-Judy

24 comments:

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

It looks great! Darn...now I want an embroidery machine too!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Beautiful pillow Judy! You are going to have some fun with your new toy!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I think they came out great, Judy! Great choice for initial, too! : ) I've got an embroidery/sewing machine on my list of things to get ~ eventually. I'm still looking into reviews or I would have gotten it for Christmas. I was looking at a Brother model. Meanwhile, I get by for sewing with my 25 year old Singer!

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your pillow is Beautiful Judy.
XXOO Diane

Jo @ Let's Face the Music said...

What a fun machine! The possibilities are endless; you could tweak your design a hundred ways.Great that you made a decision and tried it. I often get lost in the "what if" part of the project. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

Sue said...

Nice job!

I like the one with the little bit of design best.

=)

adventuresindinner said...

Gorgeous! I've always wanted a set of monogrammed sheets.

Gina said...

They look great! I bet you're going to have alot of fun with that new machine.

Loribeth said...

Just tell everyone that you planned to have the "K" off-center, because having it centered would make them less of a conversation piece!!!

They look great!

Jen said...

Awesome sewing machine! Love the initial. Napkins...a great idea for a pillow.

Lavender Cottage said...

Your first attempt with the 2 pillows is great and you will have fun using your machine for more projects.
I envy you gals that can sew.

Heaven's Walk said...

How cool is that...???? I want one of those machines now, too! lol!

xoxo laurie

Sistergirl said...

Hoppin by, Those pillows look great. I just brought some monogram hand towels and they were $20. You will really save money while having some fun

anitamombanita said...

Those are way better than not bad! Nice job!!

taylorsoutback said...

Monogramming always adds such a touch of elegance...yours looks very professional...nice job!

Have fun.

Splendid Little Stars said...

How exciting! The pillows are lovely! What a fun new machine!

Meg said...

Looks fantastic! I love the monogram look!

Coco Draws said...

Wow, they came out really great! You are a pro! :)

Christina said...

This looks so great! I want to use an embroidery machine now... :)

Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Chatty Chics said...

These are gorgeous Judy! Great job!
Melody
ChattyChics.com
PS Come show these off at my place on Wednesday if you can!

Pamela said...

What a great idea and they turned out beautifully!

tami brown said...

I love them!

Esther Joy said...

Very nice! I like the plainer one best.

Jenny said...

Wow. This is gorgeous. I'm in the process of moving. I'm hoping to integrate some of your awesome ideas into my new decor!

Thanks for a wonderful link for the letter "H".

Your talents never cease to amaze me!

A+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...