Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Third Time is a Charm

The rug hunt has officially come to a close.  If you have been following me, you know that I have been on a full-time pursuit of the perfect area rug for my living room.  Two rugs have come home and both have gone back.  I have been to over seven different Home Goods at least 3-4 times a week for the past month.  I have visited multiple rug stores over the past few weeks as well. I had completely lost sight of what I wanted in a rug.  I was completely exhausted from the process.
 On Friday my parents said they would go to a few of the rug stores I had already visited to see if there was anything they could find.  They went to a store called Rugs and Art, one of the stores I had been to a few weeks before.  When I went into that store I had brought my paint chip and went through all of their rugs.  I had spoken with one of the owners and told him exactly what I wanted.  I told him things I liked as well as what I didn't like in a rug.  He took my information and said he would try to find me something.  I kept my paint chip, so he only had the paint color name.  He actually went to the Benjamin Moore store to get a paint chip and then took that paint chip to his warehouse and went through all of the rugs to try to find one that would go best with the new wall color I had painted.  When my parents walked into the store and told the man who they were, he pulled out the rug he had put aside for me.  They texted me a photo of the rug and from the photo it looked perfect.  The owner of the store was so nice.  He told my parents to take it home to me, and if I liked it I could pay for it or else I could return it.  He didn't even take a deposit.  
I told my parents I would be home by 1pm.  When I pulled into my driveway their car was already there.  I walked inside and my parents had already rolled up the other rug and had this one all laid out so that I could get the full effect right away (Yep...I have the BEST parents in the world).  I loved it even more the instant I saw it in the room.  It is a beautiful, hand-knotted 160 line rug.  The quality is outstanding, but even more importantly, it is the perfect colors to coordinate with everything I already have in the room.  

It measures 8' x 11'.  I had been looking at 8x10 rugs.  As it turns out an 8x11 works so much better because it completely goes under the piano and makes the room look larger.

With a hand-knotted rug there is always a lighter side and a darker side.  



Here is the view from the "darker" side.

Here is the view from the "lighter" side.

Honestly... I love it from all sides.  Here is the view from above which I took standing on the fourth step in my entry way.  

I am so happy to be able to cross this off of my list.  It was seriously taking up way too much time and energy, and it was stopping me from being able to complete the room.  
Next on the list...artwork.
Can't wait to hear what you think of my new area rug.
-Judy

Pin It
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Sharing with The Scoop
Sharing with A Stroll Thru Life

13 comments:

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

The third time truly was the charm....it is absolutely perfect! And how wonderful to find a shopowner who really cares about his customer. Looking forward to the art addition phase! Jane

Rhonda said...

Great customer service still does exist! I know how much time & energy goes into rug hunting but I had no doubt that you would find exactly what you wanted. It looks perfect, the colors match beautifully:) Congrats, now......on with life!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I think it is the perfect rug, I love the pattern and the colors wonderful. What a great find. Hugs, Marty

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It is stunning!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Prettiest rug I have seen in a long time - great choice :-)

Jan Hermann said...

Success at last - and it looks gorgeous!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love it, Judy! I knew you would find the right rug at the right time. How wonderful that your parents were the ones to bring it home to you. Kudos to the man at the rug store who really went above and beyond in customer service.

Unknown said...

Love the new rug! It's hard to try and buy a rug to fit your furniture but you did a great job!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Well worth the wait Judy...I love it!! The whole room looks so pretty!!

priscilla said...

The rug looks perfect ! I love the whole room !

Karenann S. said...

The room looks absolutely beautiful! The rug really pulled everything together. Gorgeous!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!! Love this room!! Stunning!

Hugs,
Debbie

Debbiedoos said...

That is the truth Judy! I love the rug and I love your room pulled all together, so pretty and warm looking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...