Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Hit or Miss Rug - It's a Miss

As you know I have been searching for the past few weeks for a new area rug for my living room.  Since we repainted the room a lighter and brighter color the old area rug just didn't work anymore.  I have been on a serious hunt for a rug.  Over the past few days I have been to seven different Home Goods.  Yep, you read that right...seven.  I didn't even realize there were that many within a 30 mile radius of my home.  At Home Goods #6 I found what I thought was the perfect rug (I did go to Home Goods #7 with this rug in the car in case they had something better, which they didn't).
I was so excited when I saw this rug.
It was very similar to this rug that I let get away from Home Goods a few weeks earlier.
The rug had all of the colors I wanted...a grayed green, some gold and ivory.  So I lugged it home and laid in out.  UGH...my first thoughts were I don't think it works.  Unfortunately since the gray green is the main color of this rug, it is competing with the walls...
and the toile chair and ottoman on this side of the room.  I lived with it for a day or two and each time I walked by the room I just knew it was wrong.  So it went back to Home Goods over the weekend.   I'm glad I brought the rug home because now I know that I do not want a rug with so much gray green in it.  I need a rug a more neutral rug with an ivory field with accents of the gray green.  

The search continues...
-Judy

Pin It
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Sharing with The Scoop
Sharing with A Stroll Thru Life

7 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

The perfect rug is out there...I know you'll find it!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Rugs are really hard. I am sure you will find just the perfect one. Hugs, Marty

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

You will find the perfect one eventually.You will be so happy you didn't settle once the right one comes along. Best of luck to you! Jane

Calypso In The Country said...

It's always hard when you have to lug home a huge rug isn't it? You will know when you found the right one though. Good luck!
-Shelley

Rhonda said...

I feel your pain! Don't settle, the perfect rug is waiting:)

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Have you thought to use a seagrass rug? You could also add another smaller rug on top of it.

Cynthia said...

Good luck I in your search for the right rug. You'll find one. Love the toile chair!!!

Cynthia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...