Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Trial and Error Pillows

I am still working on the finishing touches in my living room.  I have not yet found artwork that I love, so I thought that if I could settle on the pillows I could move this project forward.

The thing with pillows is you really have to try them in the space to see if they really work.  I saw this coral pillow at Pottery Barn, and loved it in the store,  and thought it would be a good addition to the living room.
I felt it would pick up on the same color coral-ish color in the area rug.


It does pick up the color in the rug, but it's taking the room in a direction that I don't want to go.  It's a little too harsh and I feel that it pulls your attention too much.  So I will be returning it to Pottery Barn.  
Back to the drawing board.


-Judy

Pin It
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Sharing with The Scoop
Sharing with A Stroll Thru Life

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! Your living room is just lovely and I like your pretty pillows! The room is so light and bright and that rug is gorgeous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you on the coral pillow, Judy. I like the more neutral pillows on the opposite couch. I love your new rug!! Beautiful room!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'm with Charity ~ I like the pillows on the couch opposite better in this room. Trial and error is good though. You get to see how different patterns and colors might look. You never know what you might come across when you try things out. I'm sure one of them will be the keeper!

Rhonda said...

I have to agree with you all, I loved direction you were going with the softer colors. Like the rug, the perfect pillows are out there:)

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your right the coral pillow does not work. I love all your other pillows. They are gorgeous!!Your new rug looks great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...