Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Crochet Edged Graphic

Hope you all had a great weekend.  I was in JoAnn's fabric store this past weekend and while wandering through the aisles, I came across some yarn in a beautiful color (you know this is one of my favorite colors).  Of course it needed to come home with me.  I knew that I wanted to create something using the yarn.  I decided to combine a great French graphic and crochet to create this little piece of art:
Here's how I did it...
I started with a graphic from the Graphics Fairy and printed out a 5x7 copy onto card stock.

I cut out the graphic and then glued it onto another piece of card stock
(I used the scrap left after I cut out the 5x7 image) just for added stability.
Then I punched holes every inch or so all around the edge.
I slip stitched into the first hole and then stitched 4 single crochet and then slip stitched into the next hole and continued all the way around the paper.  
Once I got all the way around and back to the beginning I stitched 5 double crochet into the first stitch then skipped a stitch and then stitched 1 single crochet and then repeated all the way around.
In less than twenty minutes I had this adorable graphic in it's own crocheted frame.
I added it to my living room table to complete my vignette.
I love the color of this yarn.  I have plenty of it left, so I will have to come up with a few more projects.  
Can't wait to hear what you think of this one.
I always love and appreciate your comments.

-Judy
Pin It

21 comments:

Gina said...

I love this, Judy! It looks so pretty! I wish I knew how to crochet.

Debbiedoos said...

That is super cute Judy! I love that color too...what a great idea.

Rona Gregory said...

Fantastic, and couldn't you just make some greetings 'postcards' for birthdays etc. like this? Thanks for sharing!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a super idea. I love it. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Love it! your site is great!
www.ashleybridgerdesigns.com

At The Picket Fence said...

It just looks so sweet Judy! Well done friend! :-)
Vanessa

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

I just love this project, Judy! Looks fantastic with endless possibilities...love the graphic you chose and the color of the yarn:)Lovely idea!Have a great week!~Poppy

Shauna said...

This is so pretty! I have a beautiful picture that would look lovely framed this way. Wish I could crochet...:)

Cynthia said...

Very pretty and a great idea. I can't crochet or knit but I am going to suggest this to my sister-in-law who loves to crochet and is very good at it.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Judy,

How cute is that. I love it.

Dee

Susan Anderson said...

Definitely a cute way to go...

=)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very sweet Judy!!

Anonymous said...

This is so so pretty, brava!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This looks so pretty, Judy! Very one of a kind and creative of you! It is a great color, too. I can't knit or crochet so I admire the handiwork of those that can. This color would be great for a scarf and hat. A little bit of a mood lifter during the winter months.

Jackie said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous! I'm always looking for quick crochet projects...and this is perfect! Great choice of graphic and yarn color too. :) Thanks for sharing!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Wow, such a clever idea! Love the color and it goes great with the graphic! :)

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
What a great idea. I love it so sweet. I hope you are having a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

Bliss said...

I have this old box made this way, crochet together on all the sides and the lid lifts up.

~Bliss~

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Well great project. Now I just need to learn to crochet. :D Thanks for sharing this week at BeColorful
pam

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a neat idea! Love the texture and the vintage feel!

By Neymes said...

JUDY,ACABEI DE CONHECER SEU BLOG,E JA ME TORNEI FÃ.E ESTE PROJETO COM CROCHÊ NUNCA TINHA VISTO ALGO IGUAL,POSSO COPIAR?ESPERO QUE ESTEJA ME COMPREENDENDO.BEIJOS.VALÉRIA.(BRASIL).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...