Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

G-O-A-L...Hey, Hey...Hey Hey Hey

G-O-A-L, G-O-A-L, Hey, hey...hey, hey, hey!!  Well that's the song I can't get out of my head.  The goal song that the NY Rangers hockey team plays every time they score a goal.  
My son is a HUGE fan and rarely misses a game.  
This is a photo of the goal light they use at the Rangers games.  
It's not always that easy to find lighting that is "all boy".  
When we were in Lowes the other day we came across a work light that looked just like the goal light.  
Even though it was in the work light section, it was the perfect fit for my 14 year old son's closet.
My son still had one of the original builder's lights in his closet.  
It seemed like the perfect place to add my son's own goal light.
My husband removed the old light...
and we replaced it with this.  My son thinks this is the coolest thing.
The hole from the old builder's light was not the same size as the new fixture 
so I bought a plain ceiling medallion to mask the difference.
My son really wanted a red light bulb, but when we tried the red bulb, you couldn't see anything in his closet. I told him the light also has to be practical.  So for now we will use a regular light bulb.  We still have the red bulb for those times he needs to feel like it's the real thing.


Pretty cool for a hockey-loving 14 year old.  

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Swing into Spring party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It

8 comments:

Gina said...

That is so cool! You have the best ideas!

Debbiedoos said...

Yes, very cool! You really are clever Miss Judy!

Linda said...

Neat. Great idea !

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great idea, Judy! You know you did good when the son thinks it's "cool"! : )

Susan Anderson said...

Fun!

=)

The Tuscan Home said...

Cute, great job! xo ~Liz

Kim @ OPC's The Better Half said...

Very cool! I guess tinting the glass would probably make the space permanently darker, but you might be able to get a higher wattage bulb than what's available in the colored bulbs and get enough light to see things. Of course, all of your son's clothes will then look like they match -- all red :-)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I think it's pretty darn cool too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...