Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some Final Touches to the Closet

A few weeks ago I revealed a makeover where I transformed my husband's closet for less than $100.
You can check out that transformation here.  
With some contact paper and some time I achieved exactly the look my husband was after.
This weekend we added a few final touches...
If you remember, I created an area in the closet which would house all the items
 my husband needs each day.
After using this for a few weeks, my husband realized that he could use a little light. 
We added these battery operated lights from Lowes.  
They are perfect and add a great amount of light to this area.
The finish on the lights matches the new handles and 
with one touch the lights turn on or off.

The belt holder we had originally installed looked cool but was not very functional.  Each and every time my husband went to pull out a belt they all would fall on the floor.  It was kinda annoying.
Instead we added this hook system which holds his belts much better.
Finally we added this light fixture from Lowes.  I love the design of the light, but I'm not sure it's working for me.  Although it is much nicer looking,
 it gives off significantly less light than the builder's fixture that we had.
I think it may have to go.

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Swing into Spring party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It

11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the little lights, Judy! I'm going through my closet next week to get rid of stuff, so I'm hoping to get to the next step of baskets and boxes soon. I'm taking it slow though so I can really set things up the best way. I did wind up getting a pretty shoe bag for the back of the door to hold my shoes {since, apparently, my husband thinks it's his closet alone!}.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Those little lights are a great idea, Judy! Love all the organizers and the contact paper. Man, do I need to clean up my closet.... someday....

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Fantastic!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love all the little touches you added Judy especially those lights!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I think the light looks fantastic. Seems like the suit colors are more vibrant under that lighting than anything I've ever seen before. If you don't mind my asking where did you get the light?

Susan Anderson said...

I like that hook idea for belts. Might have to copy that one...

=)

Suzy said...

Beautiful job, Judy! I don't know that I would have the patience to do the contact paper that you did - it is not my friend. ;o)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So pretty and well organized!

Kara @ June & Bear said...

It all looks amazing and how nice to have an organized space like that. great job!

Chatty Chics said...

Judy, I just love your closet! You did such a great job! :)
Melody
One Chatty Chic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...