Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Clay Napkin Ring Tutorial

The other day I shared with you my first attempt at using clay. 
 I made some clay tags that were super easy to make. 

 I thought I would try something different.  
I bought an owl stamp from AC Moore.
I rolled out a thin strip of clay and wrapped it around a paper towel roll.

I then stamped out a piece of clay with the owl and cut around it using a paring knife.

I then baked both (paper towel roll and all) at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.
After it had cooled, I painted both pieces with craft paint.  
I then used a hot glue to attach the owl to the holder.
I love my owl napkin rings.
I love working with clay.  I think it's my new favorite craft.

-Judy
Pin It

7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How fun, I love this idea. I havn't ever worked with clay. Need to give this one a try. Hugs, Marty

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

That looks super cute Judy! I never worked with clay.

Much Ado About Somethin said...

That's really cute - I love the little owls!

Unknown said...

Now that is cute. I love the owls, great idea!

Debbiedoos said...

Oh how darling! What a neat idea Judy:)

Suzy said...

These are so cute, Judy. I just love them! I've never worked with clay, but this project sure makes me want to try. I've already pinned them and will be sharing them on the Worthing Court FB page tonight.

Cynthia said...

What a super project. Thanks for the tutorial.

Cynthia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...