Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crochet Door Hanger

Hurricane Sandy is really hitting us hard right now.  While staying safe and sound inside from the storm, I decided to try one of the crafts I have pinned. 

Here is my finished project.  I followed the tutorial from this blog.  

 I have been wanting to try this for sometime, but I didn't have a plastic bracelet.  While cleaning out the kids toy closet today, I found this heart shaped bracelet.  Perfect.
I had to adjust the tutorial to fit the bracelet.  I crocheted a single crochet all around the perimeter.  
I slip-stiched to the first stitch when I made it all around.
I then crocheted a double crochet into each stitch all the away around.
I then skipped two stitches and then crocheted seven double crochet into that stitch, then skipped two stitches and slip stitched into that stitch.  I continued this all the way around and then slip-stitched when I got to the beginning.
I then went to my Silhouette machine and created this (my daughter's initial) to insert in the frame.
I then crocheted a chain to create a loop to hang on my daughter's door.
I can't wait to hear what you think.

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Fall into Fall party.

The link opens at 8pm EST.  
Hope to see you then.


-Judy
Pin It

8 comments:

Patty said...

I think this is really cute! I love it with the initial. Simple crafts are so much fun and satisfying. Thanks for the tutorial.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How cute, Judy! Who would have thought a bracelet would be the basis for a great little door hanger. Hope you are doing okay. My son's flight was cancelled again! Now they've moved it to Wed. afternoon. Better he's here though!

Sonny G said...

thats so pretty Judy..

I hope ya'll came thru the storm safely.

Pollyanna said...

What a very sweet idea, its charming, and I always love a Frenchie blue with pink!!

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Super adorable! How lucky you found that heart shaped braclet! On my list of things to do is learning to crochet.

Gail said...

How cute is that crochet door hanger Judy! I hope you are doing okay. We weathered the storm with very little damage in our area...we feel so best! It's still raining lightly with very little wind. Be safe, Gail

Gina said...

That is so pretty! You did such a great job on it . I guess this darn storm is good for something!

Susan Anderson said...

Wondered how you were doing with the storm. So many of my blogger friends are experiencing it.

Hope all remains well for you!

=)

PS. My offering today is a Halloween story poem if you'd like to take a look before the 31st passes us by:

Halloween Horror: A Ghostly Tale

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...