Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Adding a Little Spring to the Kitchen

Spring is in the air...or at least I am wishing.  It's actually raining and quite dreary here today.  We did get a letter yesterday from our pool company giving us the date the pool will be opened.  
That's always a sure sign that Spring is almost here!
I wanted to bring a little bit of springtime into the kitchen.
I gathered my supplies:

- empty tomato sauce jar
- pretty brads
- cut flower using Silhouette machine
- scrap ribbon
- scrapbook paper
-flowers


I started by covering the jar with scrapbook paper.  I didn't even bother taking off the old label (plus it was stuck on and I wasn't going to start fighting with it to get it off).  I used adhesive tape to adhere everything.
Using my Silhouette machine I cut out a layered flower and held it all together with a pretty brad.
I added the ribbon to the top and tied a bow at the top.  I adhered the paper flower to the center.
I added a few small flowers.
It adds a little spring to my kitchen window...
and adds a little bit of sunshine to an otherwise dreary day.

Can't wait to hear what you think.

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Winter Blues Wednesday party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It


Sharing with Savvy Southern Style

8 comments:

Disha Mishra Dubey said...

Wow Judy!! It looks so beautiful. You brought springtime so nicely in your kitchen.

Cynthia said...

Adorable vase and lovely flowers.

Cynthia

Unknown said...

I could use a little bit of spring! Love the flower vase. :D

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the flowers and the vase...so very cute and looks great in the kitchen!!!

NanaDiana said...

Judy- What a cute makeover of that glass jar. It looks really sweet- xo Diana

At The Picket Fence said...

That is so, so cute Judy!! :-)
Vanessa

Unknown said...

Super cute! Blessings, Patti

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Love your sweet vase in your lovely kitchen. Yes, it looks like spring came to your home! I posted my St. Pat's table, where I DIYed some shamrocks for my napkin rings.
Thank you for hosting this fun party.
FABBY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...