Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Basement Reveal Part 2

Since the completion of the remediation, we have been putting the basement back together again.  I have been having so much fun adding all of the pretty.  I am being very intentional as to what actually gets to go back in the room.  Pre-remediation, the basement had begun to be the place where all furniture and pictures went when they no longer had a home on the main floors.  Essentially a graveyard of sorts...not good.
Now, this is what greets you as soon as you come down the basement stairs.
This color combination makes me very happy.
I found the artwork a few weeks ago at Home Goods and knew it would look perfect on this side of the room.  The two closets are the closets I had finished a few months back.
Here is what this area looked like before.
Everything looks better against the new color, Benjamin Moore Standish White, on the walls.

All of the accessories on the table are from Home Goods.
The lamp is also from Home Goods, but I reinvented the shade.  You can click here to see.
Across from the console table is a little phone nook area.  The Mickey Mouse phone is from when I was a kid.  I replaced the old lampshade which had dried out a few years ago with one from Restoration Hardware.  Other than that, the phone still works perfectly.  

The table that I refinished is back in the basement after my husband surprised me for Valentine's day with the new table from Ethan Allen for the family room.  You can click here to read all about that.  I made the pillow from a sample swatch of fabric.  

Right next to this area is the pool table area.  Now that my son is 15, this table gets used all the time.
I was able to keep the stenciled wall.  It coordinates so well because I had actually used Standish White for the stencil.  Do you see the hint of blue on the ceiling?  It's called Patriotic White and it looked very blue on the card, but just gives a hint of it on the ceiling.

I can't hear what you think!
Have a great day.
-Judy

Pin It

14 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the blue you brought into that area at the bottom of the stairs, Judy. I'll bet you are so glad things are getting back to normal in your basement. We had a pool table in our old house, but I had to sell it on Craig's List before we moved. Too big and too heavy {besides the fact there was no room for it}.

Much Ado About Somethin said...

I love what you did at the bottom of the stairs - what a lampshade!! :)

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I love the new picture! It really does make a big difference in this area!

Disha Mishra Dubey said...

Judy I just love the new look of those areas. That picture is very beautiful and I love new look of lampshade too :)

Lindac said...

I love/want that Mickey Mouse phone, what a fabulous reminder of younger years :)
Plus that Blue is gorgeous!

Linda

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Looks great! I love that shade of blue

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.ca

Gina said...

You really did a great job with your basement! The colors are so bright & airy, you'd never know you were in a basement.

admin said...

very happy, Baratta Design this blog make me a ideas to Home Design ideas|Home Design|minimalist Home Design|Modern House Design|Bedroom Design|Home interior Design thats all very help me on develope my furniture skills, and onwe things that importan is home design is very happy, Ceiling Design Nice Designs Ducati Luxury Design Luxury hoomes

Bliss said...

So glad that mess is over and all's well that ends well. How are YOU liking it? Our lower level is the same as your's, where things go to live out their life. I should remedy that.

Bliss

miss flibbertigibbet said...

You have done a wonderful job! We no longer have a basement now that we are in the South but ai wish I did! They can be such a great place to gather and yours is so lovely, I'd never want to leave!

Cynthia said...

Love your finds from HG, one of my favorite stores. That phone is great and will always bring back memories for you as a childf.

Cynthia

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It all looks amazing and I love the new color and the soft aqua is so pretty. Great job. Hugs, Marty

Debbiedoos said...

Ya know I could totally live in your basement Judy. It is just that cozy and homey looking.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So pretty, you've done a great job. Love your lamp, so nice to have a piece with such a history...
Blessings,
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...