Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Crafty Spring Wreath

The weather is warming up here little by little, which is causing me to have a little spring fever.
Also, my new craft space has really gotten my creative juices flowing. 
 It's so nice to have everything all in one place.
While I was organizing my craft space I found so many things that I didn't even remember owning.
I bought this wreath a while ago at the dollar store.  The flowers are all made from scrapbook paper using my Silhouette machine.  
This unopened ribbon was among the items I found that I didn't remember owning.  
Do you see the date?  April 20, 1997 - 25 yards of ribbon for $0.99 - what a deal!!
I started by wrapping the ribbon around the wreath.
Using my hot glue gun, I adhered all of the paper flowers I had made to the wreath.
The loop flowers I made out of scraps of paper I had left.
I just cut them into strips and looped them to the center from both ends and attached it all with the tape stick.
Then using my Silhouette machine again, I cut out these pennants and birds out of scrapbook paper and the letters out of aqua blue vinyl.  I attached it all to twine and tied it to the wreath.
I hung it on my home office door which is right inside of my entryway.
It's a hit of spring as soon as you walk in.
What do you think of my crafty spring wreath?
I can't wait to hear what you think.


-Judy

Pin It

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh the paper flowers are so lovely. I might have at add some of these to the decorations for my daughter's bday party.

Amelia

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun and the colors are so pretty. I bet you are really enjoying your craft closet. Hugs, Marty

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

Gorgeous craft room! Love!!! Vicki

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very Springy, Judy! I love that little banner.

Much Ado About Somethin said...

Love that!! So pretty. I know you're already loving your craft closet - what a wonderful thing to be surrounded by all of your beautiful and inspiring stuff!

NanaDiana said...

That is a really cute wreath and I just LOVE your craft space. It is wonderful- xo Diana

Resa @ PitcherAndPlate.com said...

Isn't it just so fun to find stuff that you'd forgotten you had? One of the perks of getting organized - and I love your crafting closet, by the way. Wow - I'd love to have a set up like that! Your wreath is adorable - just right for the new season which is upon us. Thanks so much for the photos and the tutorial.
Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What a beautiful & simple wreath! I love your tutorial & now I feel inspired! I repinned it to share with others. I'm going to try to make one that's about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ for Easter! Any ideas or suggestions welcomed! Have a blessed Easter & Spring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...