Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Crafty Spring Wreath

The weather is warming up here little by little, which is causing me to have a little spring fever.
Also, my new craft space has really gotten my creative juices flowing. 
 It's so nice to have everything all in one place.
While I was organizing my craft space I found so many things that I didn't even remember owning.
I bought this wreath a while ago at the dollar store.  The flowers are all made from scrapbook paper using my Silhouette machine.  
This unopened ribbon was among the items I found that I didn't remember owning.  
Do you see the date?  April 20, 1997 - 25 yards of ribbon for $0.99 - what a deal!!
I started by wrapping the ribbon around the wreath.
Using my hot glue gun, I adhered all of the paper flowers I had made to the wreath.
The loop flowers I made out of scraps of paper I had left.
I just cut them into strips and looped them to the center from both ends and attached it all with the tape stick.
Then using my Silhouette machine again, I cut out these pennants and birds out of scrapbook paper and the letters out of aqua blue vinyl.  I attached it all to twine and tied it to the wreath.
I hung it on my home office door which is right inside of my entryway.
It's a hit of spring as soon as you walk in.
What do you think of my crafty spring wreath?
I can't wait to hear what you think.


-Judy

Pin It

10 comments:

Monograms Mud said...

Oh the paper flowers are so lovely. I might have at add some of these to the decorations for my daughter's bday party.

Amelia

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh how fun and the colors are so pretty. I bet you are really enjoying your craft closet. Hugs, Marty

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

Gorgeous craft room! Love!!! Vicki

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very Springy, Judy! I love that little banner.

Much Ado About Somethin said...

Love that!! So pretty. I know you're already loving your craft closet - what a wonderful thing to be surrounded by all of your beautiful and inspiring stuff!

NanaDiana said...

That is a really cute wreath and I just LOVE your craft space. It is wonderful- xo Diana

Resa @ PitcherAndPlate.com said...

Isn't it just so fun to find stuff that you'd forgotten you had? One of the perks of getting organized - and I love your crafting closet, by the way. Wow - I'd love to have a set up like that! Your wreath is adorable - just right for the new season which is upon us. Thanks so much for the photos and the tutorial.
Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

Christine Peters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine Peters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine Peters said...

What a beautiful & simple wreath! I love your tutorial & now I feel inspired! I repinned it to share with others. I'm going to try to make one that's about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ for Easter! Any ideas or suggestions welcomed! Have a blessed Easter & Spring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...