Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013

I'm so excited to be participating in the Where Bloggers Create blog party.  I'd like to thank  Karen from My Desert Cottage for hosting this party.  This is my first year participating, but I hear it's a pretty awesome party.  What a wonderful idea to get some inspiration.


A few months ago I put together my dream, creative space.
I didn't have an entire room to dedicate, so instead I created
my very own craft/sewing closet!!!!


I am just in love with this space. 

It certainly didn't start out like this.

We had to completely renovate our basement after mold was discovered.  After the basement remediation, my kid's toy closet was disassembled and sorted through.  My kids are 13 and 16 now so many things were able to be donated or given away.  The toys and games that were kept found new homes in other closets in the basement.
It was as easy as one, two, three.

Well... it wasn't really that easy.
The parsons desk and cabinet were from my room when I was growing up.  They were used in my son's room when he was a toddler and the desk did a short stint in my daughter's room as well.  For the past several years they have been in either the attic or storage closet.
New contact paper was added to the cabinet and it's the perfect storage location for my scrapbook paper and crafting magazines and books.
  The shelves and drawer unit to the left are from The Container Store, which I purchased during their 30% off sale.  
The storage boxes are shoe boxes covered in pretty contact paper.  
The labels I made as well.  I will have a post next week dedicated to the DIY items in this space.
The glass jars are filled with ribbons and trim that I can see at a glance.

The paint brush containers are also a DIY project.
I love the shelf baskets.  They keep all of the items I use all the time organized but in plain sight.
 The most time consuming part of this project was going through the many closets and drawers I had all of my craft stuff stashed in.  I found so many things that I didn't even remember owning.
These little round magnetic containers are awesome for storing little items.  
I even have a few left empty so I have room to add more supplies.
This sign says it all about me...
Printable Here
Yep...that's how I feel. :)

Let's not forget about the chair I painted and recovered to use in the new craft space.
I love how fun and funky it turned out.
It's such a pleasure to have all of my supplies in one location. 
It makes it much easier to get crafty these days.  

I can't wait to visit everyone's creative spaces.  Hope you will all join me over at My Desert Cottage.

-Judy
Pin It



6 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

We all care that you make beautiful things lol! That is the cutest space ever!!! The detail and color on the back wall totally makes it and all of your storage boxes...Cute, Cute, Cute!

Carol

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You've managed to create a perfect area for your supplies and to do your sewing and crafts, Judy! You've made it colorful and cheery with your pretty storage containers and I'm sure you must be pleased when you open those doors to get creative. Great space and I'm so glad you shared it!

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Judy! What a gorgeous space you've created! I love the stencils you used on the walls; gives it such a feminine look! All of the colors you chose make the area so inviting! The chair is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I can hardly wait to see what you share next! Blessings from Bama!

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

Judy this is an amazing redo...love it
hugs

Unknown said...

What a great ideas for a closet! Love the stenciling on the wall. Now you have me thinkin... ;)

Krista Aasen said...

What a gorgeous inspiring space! I love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...