Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Going Gold

A while back I bought an unfinished tray and used chalk paint and decoupage to turn it into something a bit more special.  Lately I have found myself being drawn to objects made of brass and gold.  For a while I wouldn't even look at something with a gold tone.  What's old is new again.  
  I was debating between gold leafing the tray and painting it.  I opted to paint it mainly because I already had the paint in the house and to gold leaf it would have required a trip to the store. I mixed two different tones of gold to get the effect I was looking for. 

It painted out easily with two light coats.  The old scrapbook paper worked fine, but if I was going gold, I really wanted to go gold.
So I added this gold and white geometric print scrapbook paper instead.  
Here's what it looked like before...
Here it is after.  It looks way more fancy now.  
I love how a little paint and paper completely transformed my little tray to give it a much more sophisticated look.  
Can't wait to hear what you think.

Don't forget to stop back tonight at 8pm EST for my Winter Blues Wednesday link party.
Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Sharing with The Scoop
Sharing with A Stroll Thru Life

4 comments:

The Tuscan Home said...

Hi Judy,
I really like the new gold look and the vignette is beautiful, love those flowers, too! Happy Tuesday! ~Liz

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Judy! I like the gold tone you achieved by mixing the two colors. It does give it a whole new look when you compare the before and after.

Sandra Lee said...

I think it's beautiful! Mixing the gold colors was a good idea.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Looks great gold!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...