Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Picking Fabrics for a New Tableskirt

Since the new paint job I've been working on my living room and dining room little by little.

I moved this table from the living room into the dining room between the two head chairs.  The current table skirt fabric works,  but not as well as it used to.
The table used to be in the corner of the living room with a burgundy topper, which I have removed.
I found a yard of this plaid silk fabric at Calico Corners for under $10 a few weeks ago.  Since then I have been leaning toward this being the color scheme for the new dining room.

The pewter fabric with the dots would be the main table skirt fabric.  It has a good weight to it and would flow well as a skirt.  The other fabric is called Latika and is by Kravet and I love it in all of the colors it comes in.  This one seems to work perfectly with the plaid and the pewter fabric.
I think a skirt might be the easiest way to go, but I have also been considering a pleated skirt.



I still like the idea of a table skirt in the dining room as it gives me a chance to bring in a few pattern and texture to the space.  Calico Corners is having a sale plus they sent me a coupon so I may be ordering the fabric tomorrow.  My kids are off all week so I hope I have time.  While I'm at it, I might buy enough fabric to make a dining room table runner as well.

Hope to see you all at my link party that opens Tuesday evening at 8pm EST.

-Judy

Pin It
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Sharing with The Scoop

5 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Pretty fabrics, Judy! Wouldn't a pleated skirt be pretty with one of the fabrics showing through in the pleats. Don't know if you are looking to get that involved though. : )

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your fabrics, that are all fabulous and can't wait to see what you do. I would love for you to link up to Inspire Me. It is live now. Hugs, Marty

Patty Rumaker said...

The fabric are lovely and I like a table skirt also - it can add color and pattern to your room. It is going to look great.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Debbiedoos said...

I love those fabric choices Judy! Going to look great when you get done with it. Happy Friday.

Anonymous said...

Love love the fabrics! and I have always loved a full skirted table, especially one with a real thick and big cording on the hem. They look so elegant. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...