Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Lighter and Brighter Dining Room Reveal

Last week I shared with you our lighter and brighter living room.  This week it's the dining room's turn.  The living room and dining room are an open floor plan with columns separating the two rooms, so they have to get the same wall color - both rooms are now painted Benjamin Moore Gray Mirage.
  
I actually didn't mind the color in the dining room, but I couldn't stand it anymore in the living room, and since the two rooms are attached they both got a makeover.
 The new wall color makes the dining room look huge.  The walls in the room literally look like they were pushed out two feet wider.
The centerpiece on the table is just temporary until I can come up with something a bit more interesting.
If you're really paying attention you can see that half of the photos are taken and night and half during the day.  Lol


Here's an close-up photo of the accessories on the server on the far side of the dining room.
Here's the other side of the room.  I have moved the table from the living room to in between the two head chairs in the bay window area.

I love this side with my plates hanging on the wall and one of my Lladro figurines under a cloche.

The only major change in this room is the paint.  
It's amazing what paint alone can do.

Can't wait to hear what you think.

-Judy

Pin It

Sharing with The Scoop

18 comments:

Rhonda said...

I LOVE it! I always tell my clients that paint is the single most affordable way to transform a room, and this is the perfect example of that! This is lovely, what a beautiful home!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE this new color Judy!! Your dining room looks beautiful...I love how everything pops against the lighter walls!

Cecilia said...

Wow, quite the transformation! I love the new color - it DOES make your room look larger!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I LOVE it, Judy! It looks great, especially with your accessories. Very elegant!

Maria Elena said...

Your dinning room looks gorgeous! What a difference! Love the new color.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Both rooms look so beautiful with their new color, so much lighter and brighter. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love the new paint color! It's a wonderful fresh clean inviting look.

Dixie Delights said...

Oh my gosh... it looks completely different! I absolutely love it!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your dining room looks Beautiful and very elegant! I hope you and your family have a wonderful week and a great Valentine's Day.
God Bless. xxoo
Diane

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Wow! It looks like a completely different room. Absolutely gorgeous (in the previous color, too). Jane

Unknown said...

Your dining room is gorgeous! I love the new brighter color and all of your beautiful decor and details throughout the room.

Anonymous said...

Hey, the dining room is superb. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I found good related information about Dining Linen which can be used for decorating your dining room.
Thanks for posting.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

It is truly beautiful, Judy! It makes all the furnishings look much more inviting, and I really like the wall color with the white wainscoting.

Suzanne said...

Wow! So pretty!

Lady of the Manor said...

Incredible difference with just paint color!! Your dining room was lovely before but it looks HUGE now!! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

You're right, a lighter paint color makes a room so much larger, it seems. We painted our living room from a dark sage green to a color very close to your dining room color, it really made the room feel huge. Your entire makeover it beautiful, well done! -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
Join the History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly

Unknown said...

Love the wall color! I bet you can't wait to try all kinds of new decorating ideas with the new color.

the decorating chica said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...