Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Smoothies

We were lucky enough during Hurricane Sandy to not lose power.
So many of our friends and relatives were not as lucky and some of them stayed with us for a few days.  
Over the weekend we received a package in the mail...
It was a thank you gift from my husband's aunt and uncle.   My husband's aunt and uncle were amongst those who lost power and had stayed with us. While they were here, I must have mentioned that I wanted to start drinking smoothies as a way of getting some more fruits and vegetables into my diet.  With my hectic life, a quick and healthy smoothie would be a great pick me up during the day.
I was so excited to try my new gadget out.  I went with frozen fruit since most of the fruit I wanted in the smoothie is out of season.  I also added kale to the drink (it's supposed to be a super food).  
After adding all the ingredients...
I blended it all up.
Delicious!  The best part is that I didn't even taste the kale.  We spent the weekend testing out different smoothie recipes and they were all super yummy.  Thanks Uncle A and Aunt R for the best gift!!

How about you - do you like smoothies?
Any super smoothie recipes you'd like to share?
Have a great day.
-Judy
Pin It

9 comments:

Shary said...

Your timing was perfect on this post for me! We are looking into a Ninja blender in order to make smoothies and other frozen drinks. Do you have any idea how your immersion blender would compare with another type of blender?

snowflake windshield replacement said...

How i love those blueberries!

Wild Oak Designs said...

I just bought a hand held blender too...though not a kitchenaid. What a thoughtful gift they gave!
Mine doesn't do large chunks though, so I imagine it isn't strong enough to do frozen fruit....I bought it to blend gravy and soups...
Nancy
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Becca Bertotti said...

What a great gift that I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of! I need to drink more smoothies, too ... yours looks delicious! Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan Anderson said...

I love my smoothies, too. My DIL has a Ninja blender that is pretty small and easy to use. I still use my big monstrosity one, which I leave out on the counter...

=)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Smoothies are great...my hubby makes a protein smoothie every morning...We love our immersion blender!

Chris said...

I got one of these for making soups. Made pea soup this weekend stuck that handy dandy in the pot and creamed my peas. Love it !

Patty said...

I don't have a neat gadget like yours; I use the blender to make my smoothies. They are so easy to make and drink while I drive to work. I use vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup Dole juice and 1/2 cup frozen cherries or other frozen fruit. Very delicious. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Pat@BPM said...

I love smoothies. When I was in the throes of Shingles this Fall (still feeling twinges after 2.5 months!!), I survived on smoothies and limeades. Only "foods" that even sounded good to me. I could have used one of these handy little gadgets. I might just pick one up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...