Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

April Showers Finally Brought May Flowers

With all the rain we had in April...and we had so much rain, I am happy to finally be able to start planting flowers.  Mother's Day weekend is usually when we begin our planting efforts.  It just seems like the nice weather took so long this year to show up.
  Bought this blue/green pot from Home Goods...
 
Plan on planting these flowers in it over the weekend.
While I was at the nursery, I had to buy a hydrangea plant.  Hydrangeas are my FAVORITE flower.
I already have two hydrangea bushes around the pool area.  Not sure where I will plant this one yet...but I do know that each year I want to add more.  I could look at these flowers all day long.
The backyard is starting to come together.
We have owned this Japanese Maple for eight years or so.  In the "old" backyard space, it used to be right up against the house. It was barely noticed.  I love where our landscaper moved it.  It is now a focal point.
You can see the Japanese Maple right behind the truck in this picture.  It's so much better in it's new location.  In fact, everything is.  All of the landscaping was transplanted when we redid the patio.  We really didn't have to buy much...everything was re-used.
My kids bought me this statute one Mother's Day.
The fountain will be cleaned and set up this weekend.


I'm looking forward to planting the rest of my annuals over the weekend and then on Sunday we are hosting a Mother's Day brunch at our house.  How will you be spending your Mother's Day weekend?

My Swing into Spring party is still going on.  You can click here to join in the fun.

-Judy

11 comments:

laxsupermom said...

Your gardens are just gorgeous! Love that japanese maple! Tomorrow will be filled with lacrosse games and a birthday party, but Mother's Day will be me staying in bed long after I want to be up so that the boys can make me breakfast in bed followed by the hubs taking them someplace so that I can spend a few hours in solitude. It's the one thing I ask for each year.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your yard is just stunning and I love all of your gorgeous plants. The new planter will be beautiful with the petunias. I love that little boy and girl statue, how precious. Enjoy your Mother's Day. Hugs, Marty

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh I love hygrangea too! I have about 6 different kinds. Your yard is so pretty can't wait to see it when it is blooming!

Susan Anderson said...

Your landscaper did an excellent job.

I have a couple of hydrangea bushes in my garden, too. They are wonderful.

Happy Mother's Day!

=)

Traci said...

Everything is GORGEOUS!!! I've been wanting to plant a hydrangea too. I'm trying to figure out where the best place to put it.

Kimberly said...

Your yard is so pretty! Have fun this weekend - planting!

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

What a beautiful yard - it's so nice to see those beautiful flowers again. It's been a long winter. I hope to fit in some yard work this weekend too.

Rachel said...

love it!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Judy, Your yard is wonderful! Hydrangea are one of my favorite plants and I plan on buying more this weekend.
xo,
Sherry

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy your yard is GORGEOUS!! Martina

Alicia said...

Oh Judy, it was another hilarious read through in your lovely blog world. As deep as I scrolled down your blog, I was getting impressed to see how you organized your passionate world with huge lovely and conducive resources. Each post is like a treasure. I also love hydrangea flower and I enjoy its blooming brightness. The most interesting remark is that your yard really got an awesome look that is able to snatch the rapt attention of any home owner. Anyway, can you please bring a new update about managing stormwater with rain barrels? Thanks in advance for your fascinating projects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...