Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Decorating with Lanterns

Have you seen all of the lanterns they are showing in home decor stores?
image from Pottery Barn

image from Pottery Barn
image from Restoration Hardware
image from Frontgate
Are you loving these lanterns as much as I am?  There's just something about this...I knew I had to incorporate this into my summer decorating.  Of course, all of the images above are very pricey.
So while in my favorite store, Home Goods, I came across this beautiful lantern.  I loved it, but didn't buy it.  I left the store and couldn't get it out of my head.  I went back the next day and they were gone.  That's the thing about Home Goods...if you see it...buy it.  You can always return it, but once it's gone it's gone.  Two weeks later I was in another Home Goods and there was a display of the lanterns.  The same lanterns I had passed on two weeks earlier at my local Home Goods.  This time I bought two.

I bought three candles that were on clearance and placed them in my lanterns.


I've tried them separated...

...and grouped together.  

I think I like them grouped together the best.  

I love how these lanterns have updated my mantle for the summer.  What do you think?  I'm loving the weathered look.
Don't forget that my Swing into Spring party opens tonight at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you all then.

-Judy

22 comments:

Peeters Liliane said...

It looks great when they arer grouped together!
Love them!
Liliane

Crystal said...

I know what you mean about buyer's regret!! I always appreciate it more once I get it!! I love them...so pretty!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

they look good together. I love the lanterns and have them on my porch to light at night.

Unknown said...

Adorable. I just bought a octogon shaped lantern at Pier One. Used my rewards dollars to make it affordable! Yeah! Summers on the way!

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

I love these! I have been looking for some decently priced lanterns. I will have to see if my Home Goods still has some. By the way I love them grouped together :)

Regina from The Queenly Abode said...

I really like the lanterns...I agree, they look best grouped together.

Ches said...

Love the lanterns I have one on my front porch that I am trying to decide what to put inside.

Jennifer @ Rustic Renditions said...

I love lanterns!.. these are great. I know what you mean about buying it when you see it... I've passed things up with regret. Glad you found these again :)

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Yes, and yours are the BEST!!! I've seen several out there I've been tempted by, I have one I got several years ago sitting alongside my family room fireplace as well! Janell

Reunion Committee said...

Love HG and I love the grouped look. Maybe put one on a stack of decorating books?
Tana

Susan Anderson said...

I do love lanterns, and I have one in my family room, two in my living room, and another in my guest room.

=)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Judy I love them!! You can't beat Home Goods, stop on by and enter my giveaway. It's a $25 giftcard to Home Goods!! Martina

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Wonderful! I have some lanterns that I got at Home Goods as well. They were a steal! I like yours grouped too.

laxsupermom said...

Love the new lanterns! I just picked up one from HomeGoods for outside. I thought it'd make for some nice mood lighting for summer evenings. Love the weathered look to yours. Thanks for sharing.

SPARROW said...

I am just in love with the lanterns. They are very different. I am going to check out the Home Goods near me. Wish me luck.

Laurie

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Loving the lanterns! I like them grouped together the best. I love your fireplace mantel too! it has that traditional look to it.Thanks for sharing.Have a nice evening1~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Shanna said...

Super cute! And lucky you to have found them again! I had the same thing happen at Home Goods with a gorgeous tray ... I still sob a little when I think about how I left it there :(

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

I love your lanterns! I've been keeping my eyes open for some, but I haven't found any yet. They look great together!

Katie said...

I love these lanterns! I've been looking for ones for our patio for a while now (that don't cost a million dollars)! I'm a new followers of yours--love your blog. I'd love if you linked up to Sew Woodsy!

Anonymous said...

Love the lanterns and definitely grouped together. So glad the other Home Goods store had them! I had an {ugly} lantern I got for cheap, redid it to look like the PB version - if you'd like, you can see it at

www.Redo101.blogspot.com

Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

I like them grouped together too. I also love the weathered look..it does bring a summer look to your mantle. Your newest follower.

ThisGirlBlogs said...

Hiya! Thanks for hopping over and following, following you back now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...