Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

Twas the night before Christmas...and we will be spending it with family and friends.   
To be more specific...we are having 34 people coming for Christmas Eve dinner!!
We have our traditional feast of the seven fishes. 
The inspiration for the tablescape color scheme in my dining room came
from my dishes.
I spied these dishes at Home Goods and knew they would be so fun for Christmas.
Notice the coordinating place cards - I made those using my Silhouette machine.
My centerpiece is simple yet elegant using an aqua ceramic deep pasta bowl and I filled it with silver and aqua ornaments.  In the center is a tall, white candle.  
Crystal candle stick holders with aqua candles are placed on festive mirrors.
At one end of the dining room are two mini Christmas trees.
I decorated the trees, which I got on clearance at Target, with the remaining ornaments and plenty of ribbon I got for 70% off at Michael's.  
As you can imagine, 34 people do not fit in my dining room.

Four will be at the counter, ten more at the kitchen table, five more at a table downstairs plus a special table for our three year old guests.

The festivities begin at 4pm today.  
How about you?  How are you spending Christmas Eve?
Merry Christmas to all!!
-Judy
Pin It

11 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

So elegant and beautiful! You look like you are all ready! We are off to the in-laws tonight and back early enough to get the kids in bed for Santa! Merry Christmas!
Cheers! - Shelley

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun and wonderful to have everyone together. We will all go to church and then to dinner at our daughers house. In the morning Santa will deliver his presents here and we will all open them together. I hope you have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Going to my cousins house tonight, there will be 28 of us and then I'll be hosting tomorrow! Merry Christmas to you and your family Judy!!

Being Home said...

Wow! You are definitely ready! Everything looks lovely! Have a wonderful time and Merry Christmas! :)

Julie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So pretty, Judy. That's a lot of guests. A man that works at Publix fixes that feasts for guests each year, too and I think he said he had 34, too.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your dining room looks gorgeous, Judy! I love those dishes. That's a lot of people. Tonight it will just be three of us ~ hubby, our son, and myself. Not even sure what we are having. We may have a mix of things and watch some movies. Tomorrow we go to my daughter's for lots of food and presents.

Merry Christmas, my friend! : )

Ange said...

Love those plates, what a great find! Your dining room looks beautiful and ready to host all those guests. Merry Christmas Judy!

NanaDiana said...

Judy- It all looks so beautiful. You did a wonderful job and I know you are running around like crazy getting ready for the evening. God bless you- Hubby is on call tonight so we are not doing anything but will go to my daughter's early tomorrow for a long day there. Can't wait- xo Diana

Much Ado About Somethin said...

34 people? Whew! The table(s) look beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Maria Elena said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! God Bless!

STARDUST said...

Your tablescape looks so festive and beautiful! Merry Christmas! Hope you had a great and warm time with your loved ones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...