Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Paper Flowers

I  bought a flower punch at AC Moore the other day.  With Spring in the air, I thought a paper flower project would be cute.
Supplies needed:
- scrapbook paper (two of one color, one of another coordinating color)
- straight pins with round heads
- styrofoam ball
- flower punch (or you could cut out each flower if you don't have a punch)
- small flower pot
- mini bird (optional)

I started by cutting out as many flowers as I could out of three sheets of scrapbook paper.  I took two flowers at a time and turned the flowers so that when put together there was no spaces (making for a fuller looking flower).  I turned up the edges of the flowers which made it easier to add each additional layer of flowers.
I had an old terra cotta flower pot in my craft closet.  I painted it using some left over sample paint I had from my mudroom renovation (you can click here to check that out).
Voila!  I covered half of the styrofoam ball with the flowers, added a little bird, and let the ball just sit in the flower pot.  So cute and so easy!!  You can see in this picture that I used both solid pink and a pink polka dot paper.  I like the depth a combination of two papers give to the overall look of the flowers.

Don't forget my Swing into Spring party is still going on.  You can click here to join the fun.

Let me know what you think of my little paper flower project.  Hope you give it a try.
-Judy

29 comments:

Melissa N. said...

WOW too cute....I would love that for my daughter's birthday coming up...might just have to go buy one! THanks.

Brandi said...

adorable Judy! A great craft idea for Spring!

Loribeth said...

Cute! You have far more patience for cutting out flowers than I would have!!!

TheInspiredHousewife said...

I love this - it is so cute and springy!

Unknown said...

Judy, this project to to cute Happy Spring...

~~Pattie~~

Sybilline said...

What a cute little project! With a bird on top! well done.

fredamans said...

I missed where the theme is. Great project though.

At The Picket Fence said...

That is so cute Judy! Gives me a smile to see something so Spring-y on this very dreary morning here! :-)
Vanessa

Heather said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! What a quick Spring project!

Jodie said...

This is so adorable, bright & cheery!

I think it would look cute in a little girl's room as well!

Have a wonderful day,
Jodie

Unknown said...

Super cute! Love it!

Modern Country Lady said...

Lovely idea- this will brighten up any spot !

laxsupermom said...

So cute! That would be such a great addition to a spring mantel. Note to self: switch the mantel over to spring. Thanks for sharing.

I'm hosting a Throwback Thursdays Party, and would love it if you swung by and linked up something you made/bought/did from before blogging. I can't wait to see what you bring.

Teresa said...

What cheery cute little project!

Gypsy Heart said...

You are so creative! This is great for spring...or other occasions in appropriate colors. Thanks for sharing!

Christina said...

aww so cute & springy! love it!

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Judie said...

What a cute idea!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

I am having a giveaway on my blog. $35 + free shipping to get a trendy custom backpack from Paige Holliday Designs. check it out. All you have to do is leave a comment.

http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

storybeader said...

how cute! what wonderful things are possible with just a few supplies! Enjoyed it. {:-Deb

Rachel said...

I LOVE THIS!!! i might go out and make one for easter this weekend!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

creative project, love it.
:)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Super cute! Fabulous job! Thanks so much for linking up!

Kristina said...

This is so cute! I have been wanting to buy a flower punch for a while and every time I see another project using one I want it more! Thanks for your sweet comment and for following, I have become a friend and follower too!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Judy,

This is the cutest flowerpot I've ever seen.

Dee
Your new follower

Lisa H. said...

Looks so easy that the 'craft challenged' among us could pull it off.

Jenny said...

Oh wow. I love this. I think you could almost make a hydrangea type flower like this, too. I am quite intriqued with that idea.

Thanks for an inspiring and fun link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "W".

You are quite a clever lady!

A+

morgany*mom said...

So cute! Would make a great Easter centerpiece!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

This is super cute!! I'd love for you to add this to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday party. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...