Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Swing into Spring - It's a Party #8

Welcome to this week's Swing into Spring party. You are all so talented,  I can't wait to see what you have all been up to.
If you checked out yesterday's post, you know that I created this upholstered ottoman out of an old Christmas Tree stand.  I was so inspired by all of the upholstery links at last week's party, I had to try my hand at it.
Last week was another successful week.  Before we get started with tonight's party, here are a few highlights from last week:

I am in love with this slipcovered chair that Rachelle made.  It was her first attempt at a slipcover.  I love the fabric and I am super impressed with how it came out.

Look at this upholstered headboard that Lori created for her little girl's room.  I love the vintage feel.  She made the double welting herself!  You must go check out her blog.
How cute is this ruffle back chair makeover that Cindy did?  She gives a great tutorial over at her blog.  Hope you check it out.
(Can you see how inspired I was by all of the great upholstery projects - there were more but here is one that is not upholstery).

When I saw this quilt memo board, I thought it was one of the nicest memo boards I have ever seen.  Cheryl created this...isn't it awesome?

If you were featured, please grab an "I've Been Featured" button from my sidebar.
Now let's get started with the party.  I can't wait to see what you have been up to.  Link up anything you have been working on...home decor, crafts, sewing, organizing, baking, recipes, etc.  I will keep the link open through Friday.





A few rules:
1.  Please become a follower.  

2.  Please grab my party button above and display it either on your sidebar or somewhere in your post.  This way word can spread about the party.  The more people at the party, the more fun we will have.

3.  Please enter the link to your actual post, not just a link to your main blog page.

4. Please visit others who have linked up.   Everyone works hard on their projects and blogs...let's show each other some love by visiting each other.  Let's have some fun and hopefully make a few new friends along the way.

Ok...Let's Party

-Judy

28 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Thanks for the invite. I am so out of it. I just linked up. Love your fabulus ottoman. Hugs, Marty

laxsupermom said...

Great features! I love that ruffle back chair! Thanks for spotlighting your faves and for hosting this party each week.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That ruffled chair is gorgeous! Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

That ruffled chair is stunning! Thanks for the invite - I just linked up!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Hi Judy, Thanks for hosting, Martina

Desire Empire said...

HI Judy Thanks for the opportunity to share. Love the features this week
Best wishes
Carolyn

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

I'm always amazed by the talent that's out there! Great stuff. I really wish I could sew. Thanks for the party.
Barb

A Vintage Vine said...

Thanks for hosting....love the ottoman you made! Very creative to use a tree stand!

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

thanks so much for hosting this party! LOVE seeing all of the wonderful projects and I've linked up my own today- #59

Debra said...

Great things! Thanks for visiting my blog and following. I am now following you! :)

Emily said...

Thanks for hosting! So many great ideas this week!
Love your ottoman...so cute!!!
-emily
nestnestingnested.blogspot

Cheryl said...

Thank you for featuring my quilty memo board! I appreciate it and you.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring my chair! I really appreciate it.

Debbiedoos said...

Thanks for hosting Judy. Great features, I love that chair!

At The Picket Fence said...

Such great features Judy, including your own fabulous ottoman! Thanks so much for hosting!
Vanessa

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Thanks so much for the gracious comments on the tray. You asked about burning the edges. I just took a lighter and burned a small section at a time and then blew it out. There really wasn't any method to my maddness. Just trial and error. I had printed out a couple of copies so I could practice on one, but it turned out ok and much easier to control than I thougtht. Hugs, Marty

MyBluePeacock said...

This is great, so glad you found my blog, so I could find yours!

stefanie said...

so much talent!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! XOXO

Hyphen Interiors said...

Wow, those are all such great highlighted upholstery projects! Makes me want to learn more/ do more! Thanks for hosting. And, thanks so much for reading my post on Remodelaholic and commenting!!

Amy Chalmers said...

Love the cute ottoman slip! Pretty fabric and color.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Judy~ Love your ottoman- it really is so sweet! Thanks for hosting! :)

Janet said...

You did such a great job on the ottoman! It looks so nice in your bathroom!
Blessings,
Janet

Unknown said...

Hello Judy~

Thanks for hosting such a fun theme link. Spring is such a wonderful time of the year!! Happy to be a new follower!!:)

Drop by The Tattered Tag

Creative Escapes said...

Thank you so much for coming by my blog and following. I'd follow you back today - if I wasn't already following you :) I adore your blog! I did link up my project you commented on earlier the Pottery Barn like Low Activity table #108. Thanks for hosting, and following!!!
Carrie

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I just can't believe you made that ottoman out of a Christmas tree stand! I will have to go and check that post out!

Thank you for hosting this very fun linky party.

Kristine

Anonymous said...

Oh, looks like a great round up of projects!!

abby jenkins said...

That ottoman is outrageous! What a beautiful job you did!
Can't wait to check out everyone else at the party...that didn't sound right...can't wait to check out their projects! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...