Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Searching for the Perfect Rug

As you know, our mudroom renovation is complete...well almost.
The runner in the mudroom has got to go.  It just doesn't fit in with the new look of the mudroom.  I have in my head exactly what I want.  It's just finding it that is proving to be a little difficult.  I haven't found the "perfect" rug just yet.  Here are a few that have caught my eye - they all come in a runner although the photos don't show that size:
Image from West Elm
Too much, perhaps?

Image from Bed Bath and Beyond
I love the soft colors of this rug.  Only problem - I have this in my powder room.  It feels like a cop out to pick it.
Image from Crate and Barrel
This is an indoor/outdoor rug.  Very simple.
Image from Ballard Designs

Image from Ballard Designs
I love these from Ballard Designs...the second one costs more than I spent on the whole room.  I have an issue with that.
Image from Overstock

What's your opinion?  Any of these look like the right rug for the mudroom?  I will continue my hunt in the meantime, but I would love to hear what you think.
Don't forget the party continues through tonight at midnight.  You can click here to join the party.
Have a great weekend!
-Judy

18 comments:

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Decisions, Decisions! I have been looking for a rug to place in front of my sink. For 5 years! It's a tad ridiculous I know! I can find ones I like but they're either too costly, too expected or too easy to get dirty.
You're mud room turned out beautifully! Makes me want to re-do mine!

Sommer said...

Oooh I like the West Elm one the best. But hey guess what. I'm newly infatuated with World Market and all their rugs are up to 50% off right now! They have tons of awesome rugs!

Dianne said...

Personaly I love the green one..it just makes me smile..

Allyson Pecilunas said...

I really like the first one or the last one.

Allison@FabRehab said...

I like the West Elm or first Ballard rugs...classic yet updated!

Allison Nicole said...

I say either #1 or #4, they are great!

Val said...

I love the first and the last!! Beautiful choices!

laxsupermom said...

I like the West Elm one best, then the 1st Ballard one, but if the price is right on the Overstock one you can't beat their shipping. Can't wait to see what you choose.

aggieam01 said...

Definitely #1 or #4. Mud room looks perfect!

Heather said...

Some type of rug with a strong graphic print would look great! I love Ballard Designs too, but I can never justify their expensive prices, so I completely understand! :)Have you tried Martha Stewart's indoor/outdoor rugs at Home Depot? Good luck, and keep us posted!

A Vintage Vine said...

I like the Ballard indoor outdoor one!

Stephanie said...

They are all very pretty, but for a mud room I would go with the indoor/outdoor rug from Crate and Barrel. For me, if I used one of the other lovely rugs with white/light colors, someone would track mud in on it and I would cry then proceed to obsess constantly about trying to keep it clean.

Jodie said...

Hi Judy,

Your mudroom looks fantastic!

I love the last one! It's modern, yet a little on the traditional side. I think the color would compliment your room;).

Warm weekend wishes,
Jodie

Holly Austin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the West Elm rug! Gorgeous! The last one is pretty too :)

Courtenay@Signal Hill Interiors said...

Oh no! My favorite is the most expensive! With that being said, I'd probably go with the other Ballard one, or the Overstock one. Both would look amazing, but not cost more than the entire room. It's a mudroom, so that would just be silly to have a rug that nice.

Nancy said...

Hi Judy, I like the West Elm rug. I love your blog and became your newest follower. Thanks for visiting mine and becoming a follower. I really like your mudroom redo-well done!

Loribeth said...

I like the indoor outdoor rugs. They would be very practical and gorgeous.

Ivy said...

I really like #4.
You're room looks fantastic!
I'd be having all my visitors come through this way just to show it off!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...