Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Signs of Spring

For the first time in months I can actually see my new patio.  It's been covered with snow for so long that I hardly remembered what it looked like.


 Still ice glaciers in the pool - but at least it's melting 
I can't wait until it warms up a bit more so that we can start to enjoy the outdoors again.  In the meantime, I wanted to start my indoor spring decorating.
I started with a frame I had sitting in a drawer.  I had forgotten about this frame but found it when I was cleaning out a drawer in my dining room.  Don't ask me what it was doing with the table linens...I can't explain that one.
I headed over to the Graphics Fairy and created this.  Recognize the picture...it's the same one from my Winter Blues Wednesday party.  Using Picnik, I created this little piece of art and added it to my front entryway.
I also created a little sign also using a similar image from the Graphics Fairy.  I simply used gorilla glue to glue two left over pieces I had from the board and batten treatment I did in my mudroom (you can click here and here to read all about that makeover).
Then using Mod Podge I glued the image to the board and coated the top with more Mod Podge. I kept the boards uneven and a little rustic.


Here is the final result.  I added a few bird nests and some robin's eggs.  A sweet little spring vignette that makes me smile every time I walk by it.  It's finally beginning to feel a little like Spring here in the Northeast.  So keeping in that spirit, I thought it was time to re-name my Winter Blues Wednesday party.  Starting tonight at 8pm EST, the new party will be called Swing into Spring.

Everything else will remain the same.  I can't wait to see what you have all been up to.  I know many of you share my excitement for any signs of Spring.  Looking forward to seeing you tonight.

-Judy

10 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very Pretty! Love that frame. Martina

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Cute idea. I am trying to finish up a couple projects and then decorate for spring, I can't wait. I hope the weather warms up where you are...we have daffodils peaking out in our yard!

Heather said...

Ooh, that frame is so very pretty. Both graphics are great! And I love the title "Swing into Spring"!

Jodie said...

Judy,

Your outdoor space is amazing! Love the spring decor, especially the little nests!

Jodie

Melissa N. said...

Very nice....we are seeing our yard and decks too now, finally!

Becca Bertotti said...

Your outdoor space looks fabulous, even with snow and ice "glaciers!" (lol). I look forward to seeing pics when it warms up. And, your Spring vignette is beautiful. Have a great day, Becca

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Judy, looks like we should have a party at your house... It's very nice....

Pattie

At The Picket Fence said...

What a great idea Judy! I have some left over wood from a project and I was trying to decide what to do with it...this would be perfect! I may be a bit late to your party tomorrow but plan on getting linked up by Thursday at least. :-)
Vanessa

Decor To Adore said...

What a lovely vignette! I adore the frame.

Have a wonderful Fat Tuesday!

Carl Patten said...

Nice! It has a touch of vintage style art. For me, it is a good inspiration for making such designs for invitation, souvenirs, and even for creating unique sign.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...