Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Chicago

So after Cooperstown we came home for a night and woke up bright and early Wednesday morning to catch a flight to Chicago.  My son is 13 and since the time he was 7 my husband has been working on bringing him to every baseball stadium.  When we can make a vacation out of it, my daughter and I tag along.  By coming to Chicago, he is getting to see stadiums # 19, 20 and 21(Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox and Milwaukee Brewers which is about an hour from Chicago) out of the 30 MLB stadiums.  Usually we go to a game, however, whenever there are two teams in any city, only one will be in town.  Therefore, we do a stadium tour of the one where the team is not playing.  He collects a baseball from each stadium.
We have a case in his room that fits exactly thirty baseballs.  Those are the 18 he has already and the white ball on the bottom row is from the inaugural season of the new Yankee stadium and is being used only as a space holder.
Wrigley Field is an awesome, historic stadium.  We landed at 9:15am and were seated at the stadium by 1pm.  It was cold.  No, really cold is an understatement.  I was beyond cold.  It was actually scarf day which came in handy.
My parents joined us on this trip, so yesterday my son, husband and father headed out to see the White Sox stadium, and my mom, me and my daughter headed to Magnificent Mile...it is magnificent.  So much fun shopping in Chicago.
The 900 Shops are filled with the most beautiful home stores.

Gorgeous lampshades...
and even more gorgeous ready-made drapes...I was redesigning rooms in my head like crazy.

What a great day.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter!

-Judy

7 comments:

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Ah, Chicago... such a great place to visit.. only a hours from here, so we get there fairly often... such good shopping...If you are still there, there are some great thrift stores that are within walking distance from downtown.. : )

Gina said...

Oh what fun! This sounds like a trip my family would love...baseball for them, shopping for me! My kids are reading over my shoulder (the minute they spotted the baseballs) & they would love to visit all the Major League parks too. Enjoy!

My Secret Life in Lilly said...

I'm so sorry, but I have to LOL! No one! And I do mean NO ONE get's how COLD it has been here! On a side note, Milwaukee Brewers Stadium, in my opinion, has to be the most beautiful stadium around! Yes, Wrigley is so nostalgic, and US Cellular Field...is a joke, but neither can rival the architecture of Miller Stadium. Hope next time you visit, you can take in great thrift store shopping!

d e l i g h t said...

What a beautiful store. I love the draperies. Someday I hope to make it to Chicago.
Linda

Unknown said...

I'm over here from Furniture Intervention - thanks for inviting me - I live in Chicago - it's an amazing place to live and the shopping is phenomenal! Although I have never been to those stores in Cooperstown, and I saw quite a few things I would like to get my hands on. Do you remember their addresses/names? Thanks! Becky

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea for your son! My daughter and I were just talking the other day about how important we think it is to make happy memories for our children. Thanks so much for stopping by and becoming a follower. Hope we visit each other often.

Unknown said...

you have a nice bedroom that wonderful..
Website design Chicago

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...