Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Outdoor Decorating

As I mentioned yesterday, I was very busy with many projects on Sunday.  While the new patio door was being installed (you can click here to read all about that), I was working on my front entry.
On my front steps I have two planters with fake trees in it.  You see, the front of my home gets a ton of sun and we have tried growing flowers but they get burnt.  So a few years back I came up with  a solution.  Unfortunately this solution only lasted two seasons.  After this winter, those fake evergreens were literally falling apart.
That green you see in the planter is the needles that have been falling off.  The planter is made of lightweight plastic, so we had filled it with rocks to weigh in down.
So after a trip to Lowes to pick out real dwarf evergreens and a trip to Home Goods to buy heavy, ceramic planters, here is the new look for our entryway.

I think this should be the perfect solution.  Between the new lights and the new planters, the front entry is looking so much nicer (and as an added bonus, these new evergreens will be fun to decorate at Christmas).
So what happened to the old planters?
They got a coat of Valspar spray paint in a burgundy color, to continue with the color scheme I have going on.
Once I fill these with flowers, I'll be sure to show you where they end up.
Don't forget about my Swing into Spring.  The link will open up tonight at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

Let me know what you think about my new additions to my entry.  I always love and appreciate your comments.

-Judy

18 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Looks great Judy!! Martina

Rachel @ Olde Farmhouse said...

Your entry is beautiful! And I LOVE your lights. Very classy.

Maggie Massey said...

Your entry is amazing...and the evergreens look just perfect!!!

Colleen said...

This looks great - love that color. We have the same issue in front of our house. The sun is so strong it faded out my wreath. I went this weekend to buy more flowers so I can spruce it up.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Looks great, Judy! I'm working on the exact same thing, but I haven't gotten as far as you... still in the planning stages! I have a few of those same lightweight planters that I just scatter around our back deck. Maybe I'll think about spraypainting them now :)

laxsupermom said...

Your entry is looking terrific! The new evergreens and planters are perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Lesley said...

Ooooh, gorgeous! What an impact htose are going to make!

Patsy said...

Oh the real stuff looks so much better.

Ashleigh@Sincerely said...

Thanks so much for the comment!

I'm loving the red!

Emily @ ReMarkable Home said...

Hi Judy! Got your comment! Here I am and I'm now your newest follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Bonnie@ The Hopeless Romantic said...

The pots looks so much better. Uve reminded me i really need to do the same thing. My stoupe really could use some paint and the fountain is green, lol.......Have a great week, Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Judy.. the pot looks gorgeous.. so different .. and so much better!!

Hope you have a fab week ahead!!

Debbiedoos said...

Loving it...great color for the pots Judy!

At The Picket Fence said...

Love it Judy! And really love seeing the sunshine...send some our way please! :-)
Vanessa

Traci said...

I love the new planters! I did some planting over the weekend too.

At The Picket Fence said...

Looks so beautiful Judy! I love my evergreens on my front porch, I know you'll enjoy yours!

Heather

Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Spray paint makes all the difference!! Gorgeous yard :)

Lina
Fancy Frugal Life

Furniture Stores in Los Angeles said...

Spray paint is the best trick for a quick and easy change up or fix. Love the lager pots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...