Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

What Can You Do With Paint

We are back from vacation and I am so happy to say that we came back to some much warmer weather here in New York.  I was very pleased to see that some of my flowering trees have actually started to flower.

After what seems to be the longest winter, it brought me much joy.


Centsational Girl is hosting an All Things Paint party today.  Painting is a great way to change the whole look of a room or piece of furniture without spending much money.  Since we've been away for the past week, I don't have any brand new paint projects to share.  So instead, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite paint projects I've done in the past.
The first is my sewing table and chair.  Both are spray painted with Heirloom White.  If you haven't tried spray painting, I have to tell you, it's the best.  It's so easy...you can transform anything in just minutes.  Only catch...it needs to be warm enough if you plan to spray outside.  Since it's been so cold here for so long, I haven't gotten to do too many of these types of projects in a while.  I can't wait to start spraying again.  The chair we inherited from my husband's grandmother when she passed away.  It was the only dining chair left standing from her dining room and it was in bad shape.  It was very dark wood.  I started by cleaning it and stripping the fabric and the stuffing from the chair.  I sprayed the chair Heirloom White, distressed it and reupholstered it and added the nailhead trim.  What a difference a little paint can make.  The sewing table also got a coat of Heirloom White.  This is the table's third or fourth color change in it's lifetime, but by far the best.
Here is an closer look at the final result.
Here I bought an unfinished table and painted it for a friend's daughter's room.  The top is decoupaged with scrapbook paper in the colors of her room and I painted the rest to coordinate.  Such a cute look for so little money.
This is my daughter's bathroom makeover.  The bathroom was originally the yellow you see at the top.  I painted the bottom in Restoration Hardware Petal Pink and hand painted the scallops in Restoration Hardware Chocolate.  Using the back of a small paint brush, I added the dots to the scallop.
Here is my daughter's room when we painted her room a soft aqua and added a stencil to a focal wall behind her bed.  The stencil was super easy to use.  It was, however, very time consuming.  Patience is not one of my virtues.  Rather than waiting until morning, I stayed up most of the night finishing the wall.

Even though it took many hours, the finished result was totally worth it.  You can click here to check out the rest of her room.
But my favorite project using paint this year, so far, has to be my mud room renovation.
Isn't it amazing what one can of paint can do to a room?  You can click here to see the whole project.

Hope you stop by Centsational Girl's link party.  I'm sure it will be filled with tons of inspiration.  If you get a chance, I'd love to hear what you think of my paint projects.  I always love and appreciate your comments.

-Judy

16 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Yes, you certainly show in this post the power of paint! Your daughter's room is beautiful! Janell

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love the flowering trees. So pretty this time of year here in the north east.

You have great talent with paint and it really shows in your beautiful home.

Dee

Unknown said...

glad you had a good vacation.. This is one of the perks of living where we have four seasons... it's always a joy to see everything come back to life.

Pattie

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Judy! This was so fun revisiting some of your paint projects and it is obvious you have been a busy lady this year. :-) I always love getting to see your daughter's bathroom with that darling paint treatment at the top. So glad you are getting nice weather...at least someone is!
Vanessa

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Judy, Your daughter's bedroom and bath are adorable and I love the paint treatment in both rooms. Great transformation of the mud room too.
Hugs,
Sherry

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your trees are gorgeous and just bursting with flowers. Beautiful. All of your paint projects and rooms are stunning. You have such a creative eye. Love them all. Hugs, Marty

Poppy said...

Hi Judy, your flowering trees are looking simply gorgeous!!!! I'm just waiting for mine to bloom, especially the apple trees. And I loved your painting projects.. the finish on the chair looks awesome and I love the transformation in the bedrooms and mudrooms. You are truly talented in so many ways!!The chandelier in your daughters bedroom is very pretty,loved it!!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I too love the power of paint Judy and all your transformations look amazing!! Martina

PS- are trees are flowering to I love it!

Karie said...

Beautiful job! Everything looks so lovely. Love the chair. . Thanks for sharing. Karie

Susan Anderson said...

I'll say those trees are beginning to blossom! They're breathtaking!!

=)

Ivette said...

Love all the paint projects you have posted just beautiful, and love the Board and Batten! Excited to be your latest follower! :)

Karen said...

All of these transformations are amazing,really great work. I have a soft spot for little girls rooms so I'm really smitten with your daughters room, its so pretty and feminine.

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

So many pretty projects, Judy! LOVE your daughter's bedroom and bathroom. She's a lucky girl :)

meg said...

i LOVE that chair! so beautiful! and your daughter's room is adorable. great job!

Janis@Home Style said...

Wow you did some great projects!!! Loving that chair the fabric and nail head trim are fantastic.....gotta love the power of spray paint.

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

Visiting from CG. You've done some amazing paint projects. That chair with the nailhead trim is incredible!! Love the fabric you used.

I hope you'll come link up to the Sunday link party at Addicted 2 Decorating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...