Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Six Months and Counting

Today is officially my six month anniversary of writing this blog. Six months -  I really can't believe it.  What started as something to help pass the time while my kids play three hours of tennis (four nights a week), has turned into an amazing, albeit unexpected journey (aren't those the best in life - when you least expect it).   I enjoy every moment I spend on this blog and I feel so lucky and grateful for all of the friendships I have developed. I appreciate those of you who stop by on a daily basis as well as those of you who stop by only now and then.  I look forward to all of your visits and read each and every comment.  You have all made me feel so welcome in blogland. It is so wonderful to have people appreciate the work you do, and each and every day I feel appreciate by all of you.  Thank you so much for that.  I am amazed and inspired by all of your talent.  I look forward to continuing on this journey for a long time to come.
In the spirit of the anniversary, I thought I would use today to highlight some of the projects I have done on my blog since I began.
One of the first posts  I did was called Trash to Treasure.  My husband's grandmother had passed away at nearly 105 years old and we got a few pieces from her home.  Can you believe the before and after of this dresser?
Before
What started out as a piece that had been all but destroyed, turned into something really special.  It was worth all of the hard work sanding it down and refinishing it.  It turned out to be solid mahogany.  What a treasure.
My daughter's room was a super fun project.  It was time for an update of her room.  You can click here to read all about what went into this renovation.
My guest room makeover is another one of my favorite projects.  That room is filled with bargains and knock-offs that allowed me to makeover the room on a budget.  You can read all about this here.
Before
My mudroom renovation was my first attempt at board and batten.
I love how it came out and it was very easy.  The hardest part was getting off the wallpaper.  You can check out the full reveal here.  I love doing laundry now!
I can't forget my son's bathroom transformation (you can click here to read all about it)
...or my daughter's bathroom transformation (click here to read all about it).

I have so many more projects planned and I can't wait to share them.  I look forward to continuing my journey with you.  Thank you again for your friendships and for your all of you kind comments.  I always look forward to your visits and appreciate everything you have to say.

Have a great weekend!!

-Judy

41 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

You've gotten a lot done in six months!! Looking forward to reading more...:)
Janell

Colleen said...

You have such a lovely home!! My favorites are your daughter's room and the laundry room for sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you decided to take this journey in Blogland! I've loved seeing your projects and wish you many more years of postings! Whew, I've got to sit down though, you have too much energy! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jodie said...

Judy,

Happy Anniversary! Cheers to you and your wonderful blog! Thank you so much for always inspiring!

Warm Weekend Wishes,
Jodie

Ms. Bake-it said...

Wow! You have accomplished quite a bit! All the makeovers look great but I must say that my favorites are your daughter's room and the mudroom.

Great job!

~ Tracy

Unknown said...

Judy, I so glad I know you in blogland , It's always so nice to visit you. I enjoy looking and reading about your home and your wonderful talent Congrats on six months of Blogging. Have a great weekend

~~Pattie~~

Shel said...

you are so talented...I have so enjoyed your blog...congratulations and looking forward to more of your projects.
Shel

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Congratulations on the outstanding success of your blog, Judy! You have a beautiful home and I enjoy visiting your blog!

Brandi said...

Congratulations Judy! You have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time! looking forward to reading more!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Happy 6 month Anniversary Judy!! Time sure does fly by!! Have a great weekend, Martina

Unknown said...

Happy six! Great job on the reno and redo! Remember to join my giveaway for 100 followers. Tiff

Heather said...

Congratulations on your success! I look forward to your future posts.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Judy, congratulations on a great half-year of blogging! You always have wonderful inspirations to share and I enjoy your blog so much. Here's to a great future for DIY By Design!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Happy "6thmonthaversary!" lol- have no idea how you would even begin to spell such a word! Glad to have met you in blogland and love your posts! :)

Ivy said...

Congratulations Judy!
I just discovered your blog about a month ago. You quickly became one of my favorites!
Looking forward to more inspiring posts from you!

Unknown said...

Well done you have done really well. The rooms all look fantastic! Sue x

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Happy half-a-versary! Your home is beautiful and welcoming. Really lovely... just like the lady who lives there.

Debra said...

Congrats on blogging for 6 months. It is a fun journey - so many nice, like-minded people out there that we come int contact.

Love all your projects! I am sure you have to kick guests out of that room after a few days-it looks so inviting. And your laundry room is to die for.

Jaclyn | One Thousand Oaks said...

Jaclyn here from SimplyCadence.blogspot.com
Congrats on your 6 month anniversary of your Blog! How fun! Thanks for being a follower!! Its always fun to get new followers! Your projects are all really cute! I am your newest follower! ;)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Congratulations on 6 months! You've been a busy lady and have done some amazing transformations!

Melissa Miller said...

Congrats on six months of blogging Judy! I adore you and your lovely blog. Thank you for sharing your home projects with us. You inspire us all.

Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Angie said...

Congratulations on your six months - you're doing such a great job!

Rachel @ Olde Farmhouse said...

Congratulations! Wow, you've got a lot done in six months! You're an inspiration to me. :)

Shanna said...

Wow! Congratulations! We're so glad you stopped by Swoon and we're now your newest followers :)

Shanna & Jamie at Swoon

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, fabulous projects and I love reading each one that you do. Can't wait to see more. Hugs, Marty

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Congratulations on your sixth month anniversary...so exciting! You have grown a lot in 6 months. Very impressive. Have a great weekend.

Tami @ still crazy after all these years said...

I can't believe what you've accomplished in just 6 months! And everything is so beautiful... You've set the bar pretty high! Thanks for all the inspiration :)

Mrs. Turkey Bird said...

WOW! What a busy 6 months you've had! :) I've been inspired by bathroom makeovers lately, and came up with a list of books to put in a bathroom: http://turkeylists.blogspot.com/2011/04/books-for-bathroom.html

Enjoy! :)

April @ just enough sparkle said...

Congrats on all you've accomplished in 6 months! Thanks for sharing them all...Love your projects! :)

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Wow, these projects are gorgeous! I have linked up to follow :-)

foreverdecorating said...

Congrats...everything looks great.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love all the projects you did. Your home looks amazing!

Dee

Desire Empire said...

Hi Judy
Congrats. I'm surprised your blog is only six months young. I must say I stop by most days to check out your projects and features. I also love that you list all the linky parties, a great reference point for me. And you were the first blog to feature me so thanks for everything and happy birthday to you.

Best Carolyn

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Congrats on your anniversary. i realized I just had my 6 month one too! and thank you for being one of my followers..I really appreciate it!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Judy! I just found your lovely blog and I have been browsing your archives. You have a beautiful home and have completed such wonderful projects. I am now a follower.
Hugs,
Sherry

Rettabug said...

Wow, you HAVE been busy, Judy!! I'm your newest follower & am very impressed with all your hard work. Lovely changes...I couldn't pick a favorite...they all came out great!

I'm off to explore some of your older posts now. I think I'll need another cuppa tea!

White Ironstone Cottage said...

so glad I found your blog
I love your bathroom transformation...
beautiful
we had to remove wall paper too
what a job
great post
xo
Pam

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects! I love your laundry room:)
x

Unknown said...

oops.. I guess it's a mudroom! Either way it's awesome!

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Wow, you have done so many amazing projects! I love all of them!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment about my chandelier :)

I am following you!

Amanda

Jenny said...

I am amazed that you have done all these projects in 6 months! And they all look amazing.

Congratulations on six months of blogging. If you need some more makeoer products for the next six months, plese feel free to stop by any time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...