Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

A Wild Turkey...really?, Outdoor Decorating and a Thank You

Each year, around this time, our covered pool seems to be the hot spot for ducks in the mood for some mating.  It's  something we're used to by now.  The ducklings are adorable when they are born.  We usually don't open the pool until the middle of May.  This year we had an issue with our cover.  It apparently got some holes in it and when we tried draining the cover we realized we were actually draining the water from the pool.  So, my husband and I removed the cover ourselves over the weekend and all the leaves, dirt and gunk fell into the pool.  Yuck!  We've created a nice swamp.  So now, in addition to the ducks, we have other wildlife showing up to our pool/swamp.
I looked outside and what did I see on my diving rock?  A wild turkey!!
He stayed out there for the longest time moving from the dive rock to the fence, pacing back and forth.  I thought maybe something was wrong with him since he wasn't flying away.
 I went to get my camera with a better zoom lens and when I came back he was gone.  I guess he flew away.  It just took him a long time to get bored with the pacing.
On another note, we are starting to work on "decorating" our new patio.  You can click here to check out the major renovation we did in the fall, removing a deck and patio and replacing it with a huge patio and outdoor kitchen.  To start the decorating process we got a new clock and thermometer from Frontgate.  These were on sale - it was a great deal.
Furniture is the next thing we will be working on outside.  I really can't wait to decorate this outdoor space.  Now that will be fun.




Finally I'd like to thank Heather from At The Picket Fence for teaching me how to add tabs under my header.  Heather and her sister Vanessa have a Blogging 101 series on their blog.  It's very informative. I've been doing this for six months and I'm still learning something new everyday.  I e-mailed her for help and she graciously walked me through the process.  It's great -  now, if you'd like to grab one of my buttons you can click on that tab, or if you want to check out where I've been featured you can click on that tab.  It cleaned up my sidebar tremendously...plus I think it looks pretty cool and much more organized (if you've read this blog for any length of time you know I love being organized).

I think we're actually supposed to have Spring-like weather this weekend.  I certainly hope so...it's been a long winter here in New York.  Hope you have a great weekend.

-Judy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally loved your blog.. Its gorgeous.. Love the decor and the inspirations here!!

Traci said...

It's so funny the things that the pool attracts. We've had crawfish, HUGE frogs & Egrets in/around ours. I can't wait to see how you decorated the new space.

Wendy said...

You have such a great blog with so many great ideas!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wow, a wild turkey? Now he/she might not be so brave if it was later in the year, say, Novemberish! I just know your patio is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see it.
CAS

Colleen said...

I don't think I realized you were on the northeast side too. I heard 80's for mOnday! that will be a shocker!!

The turkeys crack me up. We sometimes see them near work. they aren't very nice!

Sandy Ang said...

Wow how amazing to have a turkey visitor. Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a neat little turkey friend and can't wait to see more about your patio! :)

At The Picket Fence said...

Heather really is the best, isn't she? :-) I even texted her today to tell her how thankful I am that she is my sister and I know she loved helping you out with the tabs...they look awesome!
Vanessa

At The Picket Fence said...

Aww, Judy thank you so much for the thank you! :) You are too sweet and it was an honor to be able to help you! Everything looks so nice, you did a great job! Have a beautiful week!

Heather

Furniture Stores in Los Angeles said...

Oh, What a shock that must have been to see a wild turkey! I can't say that I have ever seen one. Guess Thanksgiving was coming to you this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...