Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fabric Covered Clipboard

I had an old clipboard that my son had doodled all over years ago.  Rather than buy a new one, I thought it would be fun to cover it with fabric for my daughter to use for school.
I started with two coordinating fabrics I had in my fabric stash.
One of the fabrics was left over from when I recovered a chair I found in the attic for my daughter's room.
I traced around the clipboard leaving about a 1/2 inch all the way around.
Then using Mod Podge I glued the fabric onto the clipboard.
I then glued the excess fabric onto the back of the clipboard.
I then glued the coordinating fabric onto the back of the clipboard to give it a finished look.
It was at this point I wanted to cut away the fabric using my utility knife to expose the metal mechanism. However, I couldn't for the life of me find my utility knife.  So for now, I am leaving it covered.  It looks fine and still functions as it is supposed to.
Here is the finished product.  Super cute...and my daughter loved it!

Have a great day!

-Judy
Joining these parties:
Todays Creative Blog

12 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That IS cute, Judy! I did that with scrapbook paper - why not make everything pretty, right?

Caroline (Piorra Maison) said...

That is super CUTE and what a pretty bedroom.
Caroline

Unknown said...

Super cute! My daughter would love that.

HoneySage said...

What a great idea to use fabric. I used paper to make one for the DH man cave garage! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Super cute for that pink bedroom of hers!!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Judy, what a cute idea. I love the fabrics you chose and also love the fabrics in your daughter's room!!

Pam

Susan Anderson said...

What a fun idea. And easy enough that even I could do it!

=)

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

How cute!!

At The Picket Fence said...

Super cute! I can see why your daughter loves it and she for sure has the most adorable clipboard at school now! :-)
Vanessa

Dragonfliez Made said...

Super Cute! That looks like it will go really well in her room.

Rita@martenssmily said...

What a cute paddern!!! Love it!!! To mad I have only boys :(

Chameleon Girls said...

Very cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...