Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fabric Covered Clipboard

I had an old clipboard that my son had doodled all over years ago.  Rather than buy a new one, I thought it would be fun to cover it with fabric for my daughter to use for school.
I started with two coordinating fabrics I had in my fabric stash.
One of the fabrics was left over from when I recovered a chair I found in the attic for my daughter's room.
I traced around the clipboard leaving about a 1/2 inch all the way around.
Then using Mod Podge I glued the fabric onto the clipboard.
I then glued the excess fabric onto the back of the clipboard.
I then glued the coordinating fabric onto the back of the clipboard to give it a finished look.
It was at this point I wanted to cut away the fabric using my utility knife to expose the metal mechanism. However, I couldn't for the life of me find my utility knife.  So for now, I am leaving it covered.  It looks fine and still functions as it is supposed to.
Here is the finished product.  Super cute...and my daughter loved it!

Have a great day!

-Judy
Joining these parties:
Todays Creative Blog

12 comments:

Lisa said...

That IS cute, Judy! I did that with scrapbook paper - why not make everything pretty, right?

Piorra Maison said...

That is super CUTE and what a pretty bedroom.
Caroline

Molly said...

Super cute! My daughter would love that.

OhioMomPatriot said...

What a great idea to use fabric. I used paper to make one for the DH man cave garage! Thanks for sharing!

Little Brick Ranch said...

Love it!! Super cute for that pink bedroom of hers!!

Pam said...

Judy, what a cute idea. I love the fabrics you chose and also love the fabrics in your daughter's room!!

Pam

Sue said...

What a fun idea. And easy enough that even I could do it!

=)

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

How cute!!

At The Picket Fence said...

Super cute! I can see why your daughter loves it and she for sure has the most adorable clipboard at school now! :-)
Vanessa

Cherie said...

Super Cute! That looks like it will go really well in her room.

Rita said...

What a cute paddern!!! Love it!!! To mad I have only boys :(

Chameleon Girls said...

Very cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...