Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Embroidered Bolster Pillow

I have been wanting to make a bolster pillow for my guest room for a while now. 
 A few months back I made pinch pleat drapes for the guest bedroom.  
You can click here for the tutorial.

I had enough fabric left to make a bolster pillow cover.
When I got my new embroidery sewing machine for Christmas,
 I knew that I wanted to use it on this project.
I embroidered the word "Dream" onto the fabric.
I made decorative cording using grosgrain ribbon.
Here is the end result.  
I'm still getting the hang of the new embroidery machine.
I have to figure out how to hoop the material so that the
words appear exactly where I want them.
I probably should have made the font slightly smaller 
so that it would fit exactly in the cream section.

Since I was so focused on getting the embroidery just right, I missed the fact that I somehow didn't center the pattern.  Ugh!!  But that's the perfectionist in me.  Overall I love how it came out.
I used the same technique I have used before.
You can click here for the tutorial.  
It's a perfect finish to the guest room bed.
Can't wait to hear what you think.

-Judy
Pin It




Partying at Chatty Chics

24 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

It looks great! love the bluebirds on the wall.

laxsupermom said...

I'm so jealous of your embroidery machine! It's on my list. Love your pillow! Thanks for sharing.

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Very pretty! "Dreams" are not always perfect!
Lorraine

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love it, Judy! Such a great blue you've used in this room and I love the pattern on that fabric.

Sew Can Do said...

So lovely and looks perfect with your wall birds. Makes me want to redo my bedroom! Thanks for linking to the Craftastic Monday party:)

Linda said...

What a beautiful guest room.
Your pillow turned out great.

Ange said...

It looks great! Love the pattern and the embroidery is a perfect touch!

Stephanie said...

Oh I love that pattern in a bolster even more! I would be so intimidated to use an embroidery machine, kudos for you for doing it. You will get the hang of it, it turned out beautiful though, don't be so hard on yourself!

Susan Anderson said...

That makes for a VERY inviting guest room!

=)

Ms Moppet said...

Beautiful! Lovely colors!

Carol-Anne said...

It looks terrific and I'll be watching my mailbox for an invite to stay in your guestroom!

Debbie said...

Oh, I love it! I really just love the whole thing with the wall above the bed, too.

Maria Elena said...

Judy, it is just gorgeous!
I am so impressed! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

So jealous! My MIL has TWO of those fancy machines but she lives in FL so I can't use them. I adore your fabrics! So fresh and fun!
XO Cindy

At The Picket Fence said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Judy! The fabric is perfect and it looks perfect in that room. Well done!
Vanessa

Debbiedoos said...

Judy that is so C A Y U T E!!~ Clever of you too. Looks great in your comfy guest room.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

I love it ~ the colors are so pretty too!

Cynthia said...

Very pretty the colors are great. Good job.

Mandy said...

Beautiful! I'd love it if you shared it at a party I have going on at Project Queen! Love the colors.

Mandy

Chatty Chics said...

Judy! This Bolster is incredible! Wanna make one for my house? :) Would you come link this up at my place today so I can feature this?
I'm all linked up today at yours. Thanks for hosting!
Melody
ChattyChics.com
http://chattychics.com/2012/02/28/need-inspiration-wild-wednesday-5/

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your pillow looks amazing in your wonderful guest room! That stencil on the wall is beautiful, too.

Unknown said...

This fabric is gorgeous! This project makes me wish I could sew, not to mention embroider. Beautiful.
Thanks for linking up at my *Get Creative* party this week!
-Molly
justalittlecreativity.com

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Wow. This turned out so well. Love all the patterns together and the embroidery is fabulous. Wish I had a machine to do that. Thanks for linking up to BeColorful. I featured you on this week's Motivated Monday
pam

Crystal said...

It looks beautiful, Judy! I LOVE the colors you have decorated the room in! The curtains are beautiful, too! I am going to have to refer back to that tutorial and pin it! Thanks so much for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...