Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

One Thing Leads to Another

There is no truer statement...especially when it comes to me and decorating. 
 A few weeks ago I created a photo wall gallery in my upstairs hallway.  
The whole wall gallery centered itself around our wedding photo...
which we moved from the end of the hallway.  
I have always wanted a mirror and a lamp at the end of this hallway.  
I think that a mirror would add so much dimension to the hallway, as would a lamp.  
Unfortunately there is no outlet at the end of the hallway.
Or at least there wasn't until last week.  
The electrician was here fixing an issue with the outdoor kitchen.  
While he was here I asked how difficult it would be for him to add an outlet.  
He did it right there and then.
For now I am just using a lamp I pulled out of the guest bedroom.

Now with an electrical outlet at the end of the hallway, I just need to find a mirror.

Image from Ethan Allen store
Here is the mirror I love.  It's from Ethan Allen and it's $669 
(plus tax plus delivery so in the end it is well over $700).
Here it is again in another room in Ethan Allen
It's beautiful, but I just can't justify it.  
So I've been on the hunt for something similar (not easy once you have something in your head).  
I hope to find it soon.  Otherwise maybe at the Ethan Allen warehouse 
sale in April I will luck out and see the mirror there for half price.
By the way do you recognize the lamps in that second photo from Ethan Allen?
 It's the same lamp I have in my dining room
 (which I did get at the Ethan Allen warehouse sale last year for half price).

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Winter Blues Wednesday party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It

10 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Isn't it great when a problem is so easily solved by a pro? That is a great spot for a mirror & lamp! A fun new spot to decorate.

Gina said...

I do that to our electrician all the time. Once I get him here, I want to lock him in the house & keep him here so he can attend to all my electrical whims! lol

The table looks great. I hope you get your mirror or at least find a substitute.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Nice change Judy! Don't you just LOVE Ethan Allen. My mom just bought new living room furniture from them and still has her tables from them from 45years ago! When I went with her I was ready to change everything in my house!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing that a little light can make such a difference in a space. I think a mirror will go beautifully there. Don't forget to check places like Overstock. You may get lucky and find a mirror that is close to the one you love. Good luck! :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, I love the soft glow the lamp gives at that end of your hallway, Judy! It will look great with a mirror there reflecting it. I'm sure you've checked out your online options for something close to that mirror. Sometimes I forget to look at certain sites or stores because I don't normally frequent them on a regular basis. April is not that far away, so I hope you can get the one you want at the outlet.

laxsupermom said...

Have you tried your dining room sunburst mirror over the table? Not the look in your head, but I think it'd look beautiful over that table with the soft light from the lamp. Of course, then you'd need to find something for your dining room. Looking forward to see what you end up with.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love the gallery wall!! So many choices for the hall...mirror, lamp, etc.

Susan Anderson said...

I could use a few more sockets in my home. Maybe I'll do the same!

=)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I saw something similar at Home Good last week when my daughter and I were out shopping for my hall mirror. They also have a similar one that she purchased at Lamps Plus. Might give them a look. Hugs, Marty

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh I so need to do that at the top of our landing! It is one of those "why on earth did the builder not put an outlet there" kind of spots. It looks great Judy and I know you will find the perfect mirror for it! :-)
Vanessa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...