Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Spooky Halloween Mantel

What is Halloween without a few spooky spaces?  When Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store contacted me and asked me to create a spooky space in my home I jumped at the chance.  As soon as my gift card arrived I raced over to my local Joann store and picked up all the supplies I would need.
JoAnn has a huge assortment of Halloween items and it was hard to narrow it down.
Here is what I purchased...
along with these cupcake wrappers.  I already had the wreath form.
I created the wreath using the cupcake wrappers and straight pins.  The cupcake wrappers came in two patterns, a spider web and one with Halloween words on it.  I pinned each wrapper, alternating patterns, all around the face of the wreath and then pinned more on the outside and inside of the circle as well.
 I used the labels I purchased at JoAnn to turn regular beverages and salt into deadly, more sinister potions.
I wrapped regular candles using these self-sticking Halloween embellishments.
 I love this faux spider web.  I added a piece of torn fabric underneath so that the spider web is more visible.
I covered books in scrapbook paper and more Halloween stickers labels.  The pumpkins are covered in these cool pumpkins bags.
I used the third pumpkin bag to cover these books.
More spooky stickers cover more candles.
I just love the plaque - spooky in an elegant sort of way.
 How about you?
Have you created any spooky spaces this Halloween?

You can check out more ideas over at Jo-Ann's.
-Judy

Pin It

DISCLOSURE:  The following review is part of the Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Celebrate the Season campaign.  I received compensation for this review; however, this is my personal, honest opinion based on my experience.


3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your spooky mantel, Judy! You found some great things to decorate with. Love the way you used the wine bottles.

Cynthia said...

This mantle is great Judy, I love the wreath. We are finally getting a JoAnn's here it opens Monday!!

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Fabulous "spooky" mantel Judy!...I need to get to JoAnn's more often...Have a wonderful weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...