Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Stairway

My entry is another favorite place for me to decorate for Christmas.  I love how a railing looks wrapped in garland and lights.  It greets all who come through my front door.  I hope it provides that warm, family feeling to all who visit.  I have a two story entry which begs to be decorated.  I think the garland gives the staircase a grand appearance.


I started with green garland that has wired branches that are bendable.  That's important because I use some of those branches to actually attach it to the railing.  Before I actually attach it to the railing, I wrap the garland in white lights.  I start at the bottom of the railing and work my way up the stairs.  That way if I am slightly off, it isn't as noticeable at the top.

I used wired ribbon and floral wire to make the bows which are placed throughout.
Goofy mans the stairs.  On the table is Santa counting down the days until Christmas.

There are also sugar plums and flowers on the garland as well.



I especially love the stairway when it is lit up at night.


It's really beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas in my home.  I'd love to hear what you think.  I always appreciate your comments.

-Judy

10 comments:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Hi Judy,
What a beautiful home you have. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Are you in a warm climate so you can play tennis all year round? I am in Illinois, so we play indoors at the YMCA in the winter. I am your newest follower!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I love stairs decorated for Christmas! Yours are pretty, especially all lit up! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Your staircase decor is stunning and the picture of it at night is magical! BTW, thank you so very much for your sweet comment about my holiday mantel, it made my day!



Abby:)

Kim said...

What a beautiful staircase! Stairs are one of my favorite things about homes. If I had some, I too would decorate them with garland.

Val said...

I love grand staircases and especially at Christmas! Yours is just beautiful!

Sue said...

I like the multitude of bows and the florals and glittered fruit that you have used on the rail. So very pretty...

Melissa N. said...

Hi there, a new follower here! I love your staircase, you are inspiring me to do something with ours now! Can't wait to read more on your blog.!

scrappychica said...

wow, your staircase is amazing. I love it when its all lit up, trully beautiful.

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

How cute, especially lit up. The Bavarian Christmas linky party is now open-won’t you come and join us at http://dobermans-by-the-sea.blogspot.com/2010/11/1st-christmas-linky-party-at-dobermans.html and while you are there join the give-a-ways going on.

Unknown said...

This is a fine way to decorate your home for special occasions, I always decorate our iron stairs and iron entry doors with garlands and Christmas lights to show our festive spirit around the neighborhood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...