Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Embellished Lamp Shade

Here's an example of how to take a plain Jane lamp shade and make her into the belle of the ball.
I was at my brother and sister-in-law's house for Thanksgiving and spotted this little beauty in the corner of their daughter's room.  I asked my sister-in-law where she bought such a gorgeous lamp shade.  She told me it was a plain lamp shade that she embellished using ribbons, trims and beads she bought from her local craft store.

This is how she did it.  First she applied the beaded trim at the bottom of the lamp shade using a hot glue gun.  Next she took ric rac trim in green and applied it to the top and bottom of the lamp shade.  She glued little flowers to the green ric rac trim.  Next she took a different ric rac trim and applied it down the center of each side of the lamp shade.  She glued individual ribbon flowers in white and lavender throughout the lamp shade.  Finally she finished it off with little lavender bows at the center of all four sides.

Look at how beautiful it looks in the corner of her daughter's room.   Once she told me how she made it I snapped some pictures and told her I would just have to share this with the blogging world.

Isn't that lamp gorgeous now.  Embellishing a lamp shade is such a great way of personalizing a room.  As you can see, it's so easy to do.  I also embellished a lamp shade for my daughter's room.  You can check out how I did it here.

Let me know what you think...I always love and appreciate your comments.

-Judy

1 comment:

Jessica Kramasz said...

Beautiful!
I'm now following you back. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...