Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Christmas Table



Please check out the Christmas Craft link party over at Centsational Girl

There are so many talented crafters out there showing off there stuff over at her blog today.  I linked up my bow tutorial which you can find here.

I was over at my parents house yesterday and they have their home all decked out for Christmas as well.  They are having a dinner party this weekend ... so the table is already set and ready to go.
A beautiful table sets the tone for any dinner party.  In this case, a gorgeous Christmas tablecloth is the foundation for beautiful dishes, glasses and silverware.
Candle sticks from India have the right colors for the season.
Crystal and sterling silver are the holiday bling to make this table look oh so festive and elegant.
Notice the forks tines are turned upside down.  No, this isn't a mistake.  It's actually the European way of setting a formal elegant table.  It's meant to show that the guests are welcome.  That's why there is actually decoration on the back of the forks.
The silverware is almost fifty years old.  Isn't is stunning.  The plates are from Pottery Barn last year.  I love how my parents mixed old with new to create incredible.
My parents don't have a fireplace.  But that doesn't mean that they can't create a mantle.  They have a shelf in their dining room that serves as their mantle during Christmas.  What a great idea.

  Candles and flowers make for a simply elegant mantle.
A Christmas wreath peeks through the window of the dining room.
I made the neck roll on the end of each of the head chairs.  I used left over fabric from the drapes in my parents living room.
I used ribbon in a color to coordinate with the green in the fabric.  I made the cording in the same fabric. I plan on doing a tutorial in the coming weeks on how to make these neck rolls.  They are easier to make than they look.
Such a gorgeous table.  I'm hosting Christmas Eve.  I feel very inspired to get my table ready as well.

Do you have your table set yet?  Let me know what you think of these pictures.  I can't wait to hear what you have to say.

-Judy

5 comments:

Chubby Chieque said...

Wow! an early preparation. This is very smart to lessen the stressful days.

Not yet, girl! My mind is still travelling on cyberspace looking for ideas. I do have the things to use, though. It's just a family dinner consist of 6 persons.

A big dinner on NY with all relatives, who are in Stockholm. A pot luck style but am going to do the tablescaping.

I adore your precious things... Your kitchen is absolutely stunning.

Happy TTT & a blessed mid-week.
/chie

Vanessa said...

Hi Judy! Well, great taste and a good eye for decorating must run in the family! :-) It all looks so lovely and I'm sure that everyone who sits down at that table feels the care and love that went into putting it all together.
Vanessa

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your dining room is just unreal. So beautiful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Honey at 2805 said...

You have such a lovely table and dining room. Thanks for letting giving us a preview.

Karen said...

Judy, your tablesetting is beautiful. I have never heard of the forks turned upside down. Joining you at Vanessa's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...