Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

A few Christmas Vignettes

My Christmas tree,

my mantle 

and my staircase 

are where the majority of my Christmas decorating takes place.  However, I do like to sprinkle Christmas all over my home.  

I love my nativity set.  It is a precious moments set that my husband purchased for me when we first got married.  I have displayed it on a table near the tree for the last few years.  I used to have it set up under the tree.  Once we got the train and the kids would play under the tree, it was an accident waiting to happen.  So it got moved to a safer and more prominent location.

There's just something about this Santa Claus that I like.  I think it's the brown outfit he is wearing.  He goes so well in my dining room.

By adding a little red berry garland and some red cardinals, my chandelier gets a touch of Christmas.


A few years ago Hallmark started selling these cute singing snowmen.  We have collected each year.  I don't think they have one this year. 

My kids love these snowmen.  They decided where each would go this year.  This was a kind of cool year.  For the first time, my kids were old enough to actually be a huge help in decorating.  In past years they would always help, but after they went to sleep I would "fix" some of what they had done  (you know, 50 ornaments on the bottom branch of the tree...that kind of thing).  







This is kind of Christmas Central.  It's at the bottom of the stairs and each morning when the kids come down one of them changes the countdown.  The snow globe on the left is a picture of them with Santa when my daughter was six months old and my son was 3 1/2.  The kids love that giant snow globe.  The little train set is from Hallmark from 1991.  

This weekend we have our first Christmas party.  This is the 18th year this party has been thrown (it's hosted by our best friends...who are my son's Godparents).  This party is always on the first Saturday in December.    For us it has become the marker that lets us know Christmas is really almost here.  

Hope you have a great weekend.  Hope to hear what you think of all my little Christmas vignettes.  I always love and appreciate your comments. 

-Judy
I'm linking to Life as a Mom,  My Repurposed Life,  Dobermans by the Sea and
Photobucket

Come check it out.

15 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Your staircase looks beautiful, especially lit up from below by the lamp! Janell

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

You've been busy! Looks wonderful! Have fun at your party!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your tree is fabulous, and the stair case is stunning. Wow. Your mantel is gorgeous too. Such beautiful decorations. Everything looks like Christmas is definitely here. Hugs, Marty

Modern Country Lady said...

Gorgeous as always !! It looks so cosy and great! Hope you enjoy and have a good party.
Bea

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Stunning tree and very cute vignettes throughout. Love your curved staircase. Thanks so much for coming by.

Melissa N. said...

So cute and festive! I just posted our decorations today also. Come on over and see!
http://just-starting-out.blogspot.com/2010/12/take-peek-inside-our-home-for-holidays.html

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I like your santa claus too, but what drew me in were his eyes! he's a cutie!
thanks for linking up and linking back!
hope you have a great weekend!
gail

Leah said...

Wow, your house looks like a movie! So pretty!

Luvs!

Patti's Artful Design said...

Your tree and staircase are just beautiful! Happy Holidays!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

your house looks so pretty and festive! Have a party!!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Beautiful Christmas decorations! Thank you for sharing. I always love getting more Christmas decorating ideas. :)

KatieCan86 said...

I love your decorations!

I'm now following your blog. :)
I found you on the Cornucopia of Blog Hops
I would love it if you could swing by!

Katie
http://theromantictype.blogspot.com/

Design It Chic said...

Your house looks so pretty, Judy:) Love your Christmas decorations! I am now following you thanks to Cornucopia of Blogs Hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to stop by our Show Yo' Flow Campaign today to see the interview we have on Jocelyn and the surprises she has for everybody:) See you there! Happy Monday!

Social Media Junkie said...

Hi Judy,
Thanks for following I'm now following back.
I love your staircase and mantle.. Gorgeous :)
Have a great week & a Happy Holiday,
Staycee
www.sjunkie.com

Kelly~ Wave of Life Surf Studio said...

Great pics!!

Hi There- I am your newest follower! I would love it if you could stop by and return the love :)

http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...