Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Getting Ready for House Guests

My daughter will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation this Saturday.  After months of preparing suddenly it's almost here.  Three years ago we had my son's Confirmation party in our backyard.  We had the most terrential rain storm that weekend and the stress of that made my daughter decide there and then that we would not be having her party in the backyard.  So we are having it at a local catering hall and it's so nice not to have to worry about the weather.  
My daughter's Godparents are from Miami and will be arriving on Friday.  We met her Godparents on a cruise around Italy and Greece almost 18 years ago.  They were on their honeymoon and we were on a vacation prior to having any kids.  We were inseparable with each other during that trip and they have been like family ever since.  
I spent some time getting the guest room ready this weekend.  The guest room tends to be the place things go that don't have a home so it took a little bit of organizing to get it ready.  The one thing I had wanted to do prior to them arriving was sew a new bed skirt.
I picked a buffalo plaid fabric in a sea breeze color.  It's still on my to do list but it will have to wait until after the party.

I always try to have all the essentials on hand for house guests to make them feel at home...fresh towels, toiletries,...
magazines, etc.  I always appreciate having magazines to flip through when staying in someone else's home.

Plus, it's always nice that our guest room has one of the best views in the whole house.  

It's going to be crazy this week with last minute preparations.  Hope to see you all at my Swing into Spring party tomorrow night at 8pm EST.  

-Judy

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Beautiful room and congratulations to your daughter.

Rhonda said...

Congratulations to your daughter! And your guest bedroom is lovely, I do hope you have beautiful wether for your celebration.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your guest room is lovely, Judy, and I'm sure your guests will feel right at home. Great view! I used to love looking out the back windows of our old house to see the pool {when it was open} and the landscaping. I always thought it was "park like". Can you tell I still miss it? : )

chateau chic said...

Who wouldn't LOVE to be a guest in your home! Lovely guest room. The stenciling above the bed is beautiful.
Mary Alice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...