Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

I Hope this means Warmer Weather is on the Way

My favorite time of the year is when I get the letter from our pool company setting the date for the pool to be opened.  By contrast, one of my least favorite times of the year is when we get the letter with the date the pool will be closed. Lol
It's been a long, long winter and not a very warm spring here in New York.  Yesterday was the big day for the pool to be opened.  We had 40 degree temperatures and heavy rain all day yesterday and overnight as well.   I felt bad for the pool guys working out there in the pouring rain.

The positive to all of that rain yesterday and overnight was that the pool got filled without a hose.  Finally...something free.  We took out the patio furniture last weekend and my husband spend all day Saturday power washing everything.  This weekend the pool furniture will come out.  This has to mean that warmer weather is coming...right??
Another good sign that warmer weather is coming is "our" ducks are back.  For the past few weeks they have been mating away as they do every year.  They really seem to like our pool especially when the cover is still on with water on top of it.  I'm sure any day now I will wake up to a bunch of ducklings swimming around as we do every year.  It's all good!

Hope it's warming up where you are.


-Judy

Pin It
Sharing with Savvy Southern Style
Sharing with The Scoop
Sharing with A Stroll Thru Life

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love your pool area and I love the ducks.....how cute!

Cynthia said...

The ducks are just too cute!! I can't believe how much rain we had in NJ. It was unbelievable.

Cynthia

Curtains in My Tree said...

How sweet the ducks come home every year
This year the weather has been crazy awful every where. I hope we all have a nice spring and summer

Maria Elena said...

Your pool area looks so pretty! I hope your weather gets better soon. We are in the 90's already in South Texas, it is hard to believe some states are still feeling like winter. Just saw online yesterday the big ice storm they had in Michigan. Amazing! It sure has been a long winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...