Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

How to Update a Bookcase

I bought wrapping paper at Home Goods weeks ago knowing exactly what I planned on using it for. 

I planned on updating the bookcase in my daughter's room.  For starters it was really cluttered.
The first thing I did was empty the entire bookcase and then flipped the middle shelf because it had warped from the weight of the books over the years.  Once flipped it was perfectly straight again.
Then I cut the wrapping paper to size and adhered it using double sided tape on the corners and middle.  
Then I selectively decided what was going back.  I also bought two magazine holders at Home Goods and used those to store some of the books just to add more visual appeal rather than clutter.
In less than a half hour the bookcase was looking so much better.  I love a quick and easy project!!

Rumor has it the weather might actually warm up a little bit here in New York.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Have a great day.

-Judy

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the paper, so pretty and the perfect touch for this bookcase.

NanaDiana said...

Really cute with the striped paper on the back. It looks fresh and bright- xo Diana

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness what a difference! It is very pretty now and looks so much better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...