Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dining Room Vignette

Over the weekend I updated my dining room vignettes.


I have beautiful jars that have been empty since taking down the Christmas decorations.  It was time to fill them with something new.

Image from Pottery Barn
I have been loving these Robin's eggs from Pottery Barn...but they are pricey...$14 for 8 blue and another $14 for 8 natural colored eggs.  While at Target this weekend, I found a box of 32 Robin's eggs in a combination of the blue and natural for $5.00 - total.  How could I resist that price for 32 eggs... and it came with a bonus of three bird's nest as well.


I bought a jar of river rocks from Home Goods the other day for $3.00.  I filled the jar on the left with the rocks first, then a candle and then some of the bird's eggs.  The other jar is filled with an assortment of green, cream and brown potpourri.  The potpourri was also bought at home goods for $9.99.


Here is a close up.  I love how it speaks to the bird artwork as well as the bird runner I have on my dining room table.


There are the three bird's nests as well as more candles and my tea box.

Here is the vignette on the other side.  I don't love what I have done with this side.  I just can't put my finger on exactly what I don't like.  I love that mirror, but I think it may just be too small for the space.  That might be my issue.  In any case, I filled the remaining jar with more potpourri from Home Goods.  This time in more browns and rusts.
I love the warm colors in this potpourri.



Tomorrow is the big day for my FIRST party.  You can link up any home decor, crafting, sewing etc. that you have been working on.  I can't wait to see what you have been up to.  I will have the link up tonight by 8pm EST.  I hope you will stop by and join the party.  Please tell your friends and help make my first party a success.  Thanks so much.  Looking forward to seeing you there.

-Judy
Check out Debbie's party below for anyone who has been blogging 6 months or less and/or has 100 or less followers.  I've been doing this for 41/2 months so I qualify...yea!


21 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Love your new vignettes! I've got to head to Target to look for those eggs.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good Morning Judy, as always you did an Beautiful job on your side boards..I love the glass with the eggs and those sweet little nest just say come on spring..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Love your new vignettes so pretty!

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

This looks gorgeous!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So pretty, all the eggs and nests make me excited about Spring!

AntiqueChase said...

I was just at Target yesterday.. i didn't see the eggs. :(

Chubby Chieque said...

Hi Judy,
Not just vignettes that looks FAB. For me every details in your room is absolutely FABULOUS.

Loving the wall contras to the pastels and the pearl white sideboards.

LOVELINESS...

Happy TTT and a great week to come.

Cheers from chilly Stockholm,
/chie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your vignette is so pretty. I love the apothecary jars, they are so fun to use and yours are lovely on the buffet. Gorgeous display. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Kim said...

So pretty! I love decorating with eggs and birds. I'm jealous of your apothecary jars!

Vanessa said...

Just gorgeous Judy! It all looks so soft and pretty and like you have a touch of "Spring Fever"! :-) Have I asked you before where you got those bird prints? I love 'em!
Vanessa

Honey at 2805 said...

Love your vingettes, Judy! So nice and fresh looking. And the eggs are so cute and such a good price.

Kelly said...

So beautiful! I love the springy feel with the birds eggs. And I love your wall color!

Kelly

Melissa Hare said...

Beautiful vignette! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad to have found yours :)

Melissa
Hare Styling
www.melissahare.blogspot.com

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hi Judy...what a breath of fresh air. I love the eggs. I found you at My Romantic Home and am a follwer now. I am a new blogger and just finding my way. You have a lovely blog. Best Regards!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Judy,
Looks like I need to make a trip to TARGET ASAP!!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

Gorgeous jars! Gotta love Home Goods :)
Visiting from My Romantic Home

Melanie said...

I love the Robin egg idea. It's so cute and such a great deal! I found you through Debbiedoo's.

Melanie
You can check me out at youmadethat.blogspot.com

Debbiedoos said...

Simply pretty! I am yearning for Spring in the worst of ways. Thanks Judy for joining in...Have fun! XO

Erika . . . with a K said...

I love the bird theme!

Janet said...

Your vignette looks so charming! I'm a fellow newbie and am your newest follower!
Blessings,
Janet

Thomas said...

I just found your blog and really appreciate it. You have very good taste and talent in my opinion!
I was wondering where you got or where it is possible to find the beautiful bird framed prints ?
Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...